Insecurities D.S.

I'm sitting in my room waiting for my alarm to go off. I look in the mirror. I get mad at the sight of me. I get mad that I look like I do. I get made at how I stand, look, laugh, anything you could think of I was mad at. I was about to throw my shoe at the mirror but then my alarm went off. I walk downstairs and walked out the door with my bag. I see my best friend sitting in his car. The tall, skinny, brunette that was way to cute to be around me. Yet he still stuck around. How was I blessed with you?
I think to myself, I get in the car and buckle.
"You look beautiful today!" He says. I laugh "thanks Daniel. But don't stress on complimenting me. There's no need" I respond with a snicker. "Well in my eyes it's worth stressing" I roll my eyes at his response.

You see I don't want him to compliment me because that makes me fall more for my best friend... Daniel Seavey. Yep! You know the famous one in that band Why Don't We, the one who travels around the world to sing for there fans. Yeah... that one.
I personally don't like talking about how he's famous. It makes me feel self centered and rude.

"Hey! Y/n!!!" Daniel repeatedly said trying to get my attention. "EARTH TO Y/N!!!" I snap out of my thoughts "huh?" Daniel laughs "I was trying to get your attention! But you went to Jupiter before I could talk to you."

I laughed at his explanation of me spacing out. "Ok sorry. What did you need to talk to me about?" I looked at the road as he spoke. "Well, I noticed how much you have been hiding yourself from the world like you used to do." I nod my head in response I don't want to say anything yet. "And I was just wondering.... are you going into old habits?"
I freeze. I didn't realize it but I am... I'm going back into my old habits of hating myself. I started crying.

"Y/n.. I'm sorry I didn't mean to make you cry.."
He reached for my hand but I pulled away from his. "No don't.." "don't what?" There was a moment of silence. Then Daniel spoke up. "Don't help you from hurting yourself?.... don't help you from loving yourself?" He said as he parked in the drive way of the Why Don't We house.

"Yeah!" I said without looking at him. I didn't want to see the hurt in his eyes. "I want you to see what I see.." "I'm afraid that won't happen Daniel!" I get out of the car and slam the door. I run into the house and run right into Zach. "Oh y/n! Hey- omg are you ok??" I fell to the floor on my knees. "Z-Zach.."

Zach got down on his knees and held me in his arms. "Hey it's going to be ok.." "how do you know it's going to be o-okay?" I look up at Zach "because I'm good like that." All the other boys came rushing over.  Jonah picked me up bridle style he carried me to the couch and laid me there. I lightly whimpered in silence as the boys put a pillow by me. "Do you need anything?" Asked Zach "no.." I replied with no emotions. "Let me at least get you water!" Corbyn said as he stormed off to the kitchen with Zach and Jonah. "Hey. What happened..." jack said as he took a seat beside me on the couch. I didn't respond, "you know you can tell me anything.... we've known each other since grade school..." I just nodded. Jack leaned over and hugged me. I hugged back, it was a silent sweet hug.

I finally speak up, "I realized I'm going into old habits.." jack let me go and looked at me. "I'm hating myself again and Daniel noticed..." jack looked at me with hurt in his eyes. I didn't want to tell him because he knows how bad it can get when I get into depression and anxiety. "So you got mad and he tried to reason.." jack asked still hurt, "I guess. It's not that I got mad. It's more of I got frustrated..." I looked at jack, "with myself..." I said as he looked at me with the most painful face I've ever seen. The boys including Daniel walk into the living room.

"Here I got your-..." before Corbyn could finish his sentence he seen Daniel walk in crying. In the 5 years I've known Daniel... I've never seen him cry. Daniel's very strong and only cry's behind closed doors, and only if it's necessary. He doesn't cry like me.. he doesn't cry just to have something to do.

I look up at him and see how destroyed he was. I didn't mean to hurt him that much.. or at all. I stand up and walk to him. He doesn't look at me. He looks at the ground.

I just hug him. For me and for him.
He tenses you a bit but then gets used to it and hugs back. "I'm sorry Daniel..." "don't be.."
I look up at him and he looks at me with those beautiful blue orbs. He stares back at my e/c orbs.

"We'll leave you be!..." Jonah says as he grabs Zach, Jack, Corbyn, and himself and walks out the back door. I snicker a but as I watch there actions. "....I like that.." I look back at Daniel, "what?.." I said as I looked at him dumbfounded. "I like you laugh.." I blush and look down. He lifts up my chin. "I like your eyes to." He says as he smiles with his cute little gap. "Daniel I think you need a therap-" before I could finish my stupid comment Daniel interrupted me with his lips. I melted into the kiss. This was my first kiss with Daniel. And it was magical. It wasn't like the cheesy lovey dicey sparks... it was more like it was suppose to be like this. Like my lips were molded for his.

We soon pull away to get air. I'm sure if we didn't need air to live we would still be kissing. He looked at me with gental caring eyes. "Do you love you?" I look into his beautiful eyes. "....I will try to love me." I said, and it was the truth I was going to try.

"I'm in love with you y/n.."

"I'm in love with you to Danie."

We kissed again but before we could get any father jack stuck his head in the house and yelled... "GET A ROOM!!" Me and all the other boys laughed so hard my sides hurt.

I love these boys.

Thank you for reading the first chapter to my crazy ideas that pop into my head!! Hope you like it!!! 🤍🖤