PROLOGUE

Edited on 08-11-2022

I have gone through the comments here which mostly centre on either grammatical errors or misuse of punctuation, when I was writing this book I guess I tried to beat up the pace of the pen with my fast-working brain.

Pardon me please and I hope you enjoy each chapter better as I take my time to edit this and of course a review that won't centre much on grammatical errors.

I  also noticed that this book has been shared with many other reading platforms available on google aside from Webnovel where this is a paid story, Wattpad is an official page where I write so the original story is Edited here.

💋
Vickybr60

The village Umumiri carried a pregnant silence with ominous dread the thick night was cold and still, not even a single soul was seen left for the croaking of frogs and cricket.

It was already midnight time for the priest ritual, the servants were clad in black wrappers as dark as the night with black charcoal that dusted their eyes and lips their feet powdered with Nzu each of them held a calabash of water in which smoke oozed from the centre.

A stick of flame shone around the shrine as the servants danced around it singing a song only known to them, they sang loudly and would screech if necessary maybe that was why everywhere was as still as the night.

The priest was garbed in a long flowing black robe which had cowries carefully sewn in it his dreadlocks were scattered with white and black cowries his weak eyes had dark charcoal smeared in them.

After long incantations, the old priest picked a calabash from a moulded statue as he danced around the shrine like a man that have gone mad his servants tagged along.

The dancing only ceased when he raised his staff.
"Oshimiri...Oshimiri ! the god of my forefathers the time has come to take a chosen one my lineage has served you faithfully and never had it been heard in Umumiri existence that any have to desist your call"
The priest paused for a while shaking his staff then he raised a calabash

"Hmmm...Oshimiri! Go...Go round the four corners of the earth and bring back the chosen one for he must serve you"

The howling of a mighty wind seems to send a message to the villagers.

"I see a dark cloud ahead Oshimiri! something beyond my spiritual bound I am too weak to beat it bring back your chosen...go...go...goooo"

A cloud of white smoke came out of the calabash and disappeared into thin air, the old priest gave a sadistic laugh that echoed through the night.

Let me know what you think of this story
Vote comment and share
Please don't copy my work
Do yours