Chapter 5

Skip to Tryouts

Am I nervous? Hell nah, I've been there before. I just got do the same thing once again.

I hope Alexa is there. I want her to see me succeed.

School president: Ladies and Gentlemen welcome to this year tryouts for our basketball team. This year its special because we got 3 places to 3 new guys. There is only one rule: no cheating. Now get ready for the Tryouts.

Everyone clapped.

1st exercise: bench press where the coaches would see your energy and strength

2nd exercise: Full court Sprint where the coaches could see the speed and acceleration.

3rd exercise: Dibbling and finishing where the players had to dribble from half court to the basket and finish it with layup or dunk.

4th exercise: 3 point shooting where u had 10 balls to score from the 3 point line.

5th exercise: 5 on 5 against the current team.

I've doing pretty good at these exercises even better than in my other school but what I want to do is the 5 on 5 against those punks.

Alexa's POV

Every year I found this tryouts trash but I don't know why am I so excited for this year.

Nikki: Looks like someone is excited to see the tryouts this year?

Alexa:Shut up!

Nikki:My little Alexa is in love with her student but can't admit it! It's ok!

She said hugging me. I just rolled my eyes and kept walking to the standing where all the teachers would stay. There was food and drinks for all of us but I directly sat in the front row so I could see Lucas up close.

Skip some exercises

He is so sweaty! How does that make him even more hot it should be disgusting right? But on him damn Lucas come here and... Oh my God I got stop with this. Maybe it will stop when we actually stay together.

Lucas's POV

School president: And now it's time for our current team to play against 5 of our new guys. Those 5 will be picked by the coaches and by their result on the 4 exercises now let me give the mic to our head coach.

Head coach: So the 5 guys that me and my colleges pick are: The Center, Tom. The Power forward, Shawn. The Small forward, Eli. The Shooting guard, James. And the Point guard, Lucas.

Of course I am in. I don't want to be selfish but these guys are beyond ducky but let's try and win.

Head coach:. The first team to get to 21 points or over wins the match.

Jacob and his team have that smirk on their face. Damn I would love to punch him right in his teeth to take that smirk out of his face.

I am in my position ready to start when I look to the side line and see Alexa being cute and sexy as always.

She waves at me and smiles. I blew her a little kiss and I could see her blush but I focused back in the game when I heard the whistle.

Skip a little time

It's 18 to 16 and my team is winning. I scored 8 points, got 2 assists and 5 rebounds. These boys are missing a lot of shots. Actually my team isn't that bad but it's not the best. Jacob has no points because I have been guarding and he basically can't get pass me.

He has the ball now and he is trying to push me so he can get some space but I steal the ball from him and dunk it on the fast break. One more point and we win.

Jacob:How the hell do you do that man? I can't get pass you.

Lucas: You gotta learn how to pass through a lockdown defender. Game point baby.

Once again Jacob has the ball but this time he passes it. One of the guys is going for the layup but I jump and block him out and that leads to another fast break for the win.

I high five my teammates and after that there was a ceremony where J was presented to the entire school as the new basketball player for the team and new captain as Jacob with a sign of respect gave it to me. He is not a bad guy I know it for a fact.

Alexa's POV

He is the most popular guy in school now. How am I gonna get his attention now that he has all the girls and those stupid ass cheerleaders on him.

Alexa:I'm going to the bathroom.

Nikki: ok I'll wait for you inside the car.

I enter the bathroom and I basically get pick up by someone and stuck against the wall as I feel those delicious lips on mine.

Lucas: Ms Kaufman how about you and me in a date tonight?

....