The Infinite Curse of a Lonely Heart

"You're Blushing!" Announced Harriet.

"Harriet this is serious." Carrie Protested. As the two girls sat down cross legged on the floor. "I um...I think I may have fallen for Arnie." She mumbled trying to hide her speech through her hair. However, Harriet heard every word. Her face lit up and she kicked her legs out.

"I knew it!"

************

The shimmering sun glistened off the rose window then reflected onto August's bicep as he let the arrow fly from the bow missing its target by miles. Just as he had intended. Wade countered this by effortlessly sticking August to a wall with a spear by the collar. Mattie watched her eyes open in amazement, this was the level of combat she was aiming for and she wasn't far off.

She continued to watch the two moving so simultaneously like graceful dear running in a stamped. Wade tripped August up from behind and pinned him to the floor. What happened next was so bizarre and radical they all felt as if it was all in slow motion. Every painful detail slowed down completely. Wade lent down and urgently pushed his lips against August's. He pulled back immediately stunned at his actions. August looked up at Wade his kind blue eyes fixed on August's lips. Dazed he looked at them just long enough to see a thousand salty tears forming as Wade scampered from the room. August got up slowly his hair a mahogany mess. His perfect eyes filled with confusion and pity.

"Mattie." He Croaked. Mattie looked up from her toes, her hands shaking. "We can't tell anyone about this."

"Why?!" Demanded Mattie. "Scared of what the others may think of you?!"

"No no not at all." August burst out. "I don't want Wade getting hurt. Please Mattie please." He begged as he took her icy hands. "You're shaking like a leaf."

"Okay." Mattie agreed. "But we need to talk to Wade."

"Agreed."

***********

Wade lay with his face on his pillow crying silently. He traced the seams and clenched his fists. Beating the pillow trying to block the world out.

"Wade?"

Wade whipped his head and saw Forrest standing awkwardly by him. He smiled awkwardly and sat down next to Wade. He was awkward.

"Whats wrong?"

"Nothing." Wade sniffled.

"Right." Forrest replied getting up to leave. Embarrassed.

"Wait!" Wade called grabbing Forrest's hand.

**********

"Where did he go?" Hazel asked as her and Mattie searched the halls. Mattie had explained everything to Hazel prior. She couldn't keep it from everyone.

They entered one of the dorm rooms to find Wade and Forrest sat on a bed. Wade's eyes were red but he was no longer crying.

"Wade!" Hazel squealed rushing over to him. "I know what happened." Mattie glared at Hazel then jerked her head in Forrest's direction. Wade clocked on.

"Don't worry. He knows."

They were all silent for a painful two minuets then Hazel gasped.

"I have an idea!" She exclaimed excitedly. "How about I posses Forrest and make him kiss you so you can see if you really are." They all stared at her. "You know gay." They all knew this was pointless and that it was not correct and Wade already knew. But they all went along with it for Hazel's sake.

"No need. I'll just do it." Forrest shrugged.

And he slowly put his lips to Wade's.

SRY THAT I HAVE BEEN BAD W/ UPDATING ITS JUST SCHOOL AND CHRISTMAS AND PROCRASTINATION