Butterflies Can't See Their Wings

They all ran through the corridors August at the front. Mattie was at the back of the group not sure where they were all going but she decided to follow. They got to a big arch way and everyone ran in. Before Mattie could enter Douglas stopped her.

"This is our hospital like room. And I don't know how bad Marilyn's injured it could be really bad. You might not want to see." He whispered.

"I can handle it." Whispered Mattie

They both walked through the arch together. The room was so crowded, Mattie suspected that everyone who lived here was in the room save Felix for obvious reason's. A girl who Mattie guessed was Marilyn was sprawled on a bed a deep cut on her leg. Soaking the sheets around her red. People were rushing around doing things a girl with short silver hair was pushing August out of the way who was holding Marilyn in his arms as if trying to protect her from everything. He wouldn't budge. His grey eyes were fixed on her crying silently.

Everyone in the room was either helping or conversing worriedly. A ginger boy was talking to a tall brown haired girl. Everyone was busy, Mattie suddenly felt very out of place. She went to sit on a bed but ended up knocking over a jug of water. Several people turned around. The girl who Mattie now knew as Elizabeth stormed towards Mattie.

"What do you think you are doing!?" She hissed nastily. 

"Umm I was just." Stuttered Mattie.

"My best friend is dying over there and you're just, just what? Level with me do you really think you should be here?" Elizabeth demanded.

"I..." Mattie started.

"No you shouldn't. I think you should go to the library with Felix. Its where the children belong." Hissed Elizabeth.

Mattie was taken aback she had never been spoken to in that manner before. Elizabeth stalked off leaving Mattie.

"Just ignore her shes mean on her best days." Smiled the gentlemen with ginger hair who had now come to stand next to Mattie. Mattie was very grateful. "I'm Teddy and you're Mattie right?"

"Yeah" Said Mattie. "Nice to meet you, some people haven't been so polite."

"Yes well you have unfortunately joined us on a rather stressful day. Would you like to go to library? Not that you're a child or anything it's just this isn't the best place to meet people for the first time." Explained Teddy.

"I would like that very much indeed."

Mattie followed Teddy to the library. When they opened the door they found Felix lounging on the floor reading. 

"Bye Felix!" Called Teddy. "Bye Mattie!" 

"Bye Teddy." Mumbled Mattie. 

Mattie went and sat down next to Felix gathering her skirts around her. 

"Hi Felix."

"Hi!" Said Felix excitedly. "People don't usually talk to me, they say I'm too young."

"Well I'll talk to you." Said Mattie softly. "I have a question what is your ability? Because I noticed you weren't in the folder of all the people living here."

"That's because I'm too young." He moaned. "But my power is that I can see perfectly in the dark." 

"That must be fun! You could play tricks on people."

"I mostly use it to read when I'm supposed to be sleeping." He stated.

"Ah, thats a very clever idea!" Exclaimed Mattie.

"I like you." Stated Felix

"And why is that?" asked Mattie.

"You're not like the others, you wear dresses and you talk all posh and you talk to me. The only other person who really talks to me is Douglas." Explained Felix simply. "I like him too." 

After about two hours Mattie decided it would be best if she went home and came back tomorrow. She said goodbye too Felix who gave her big warm hug. And left the library, she soon realized that this was a big mistake. She was lost all the corridors were identical. Mattie walked around aimlessly for ten minutes until she heard two people talking. She came to a big arch which she recognized as the hospital. She poked her head around the arch. Marilyn was still lying on the bed but she was conscious she looked well. Her blonde hair made a large halo on her pillow and made her look faintly like an angel. August was sat next to her talking softy whilst stroking her cheek.

"You know butterflies can't see their wings, they can never see how truly beautiful they are but everyone else can. Its the same with you. You're beautiful." August breathed.

Marilyn planted a kiss on August's cheek and fell into a deep sleep. At this Mattie left she wondered if Walter would every say something so beautiful to her.

HOPE YOU HAVE ENJOYED! I MADE THIS CHAPTER KINDA LONG CAUSE I'M GOING ON HOLIDAY FOR TWO WEEKS SO WON'T BE POSTING FOR A WHILE OKAY BYES