Last Whisper Of The Wind

Mattie, Douglas and Felix were sprawled across the library floor. Felix was reading while humming to himself.

"Why wouldn't Rose let me help?!" Complained Mattie.

Douglas gave a long sigh and took Mattie's hands in his. "You're not ready. It wouldn't be safe and we don't want to put you at risk."

Mattie patted Douglas's hands. "I understand." She Concluded.

"Hey Dougie can I please go get my other book?" Felix interrupted getting up from the floor.

"I don't know if that's a good idea..." He began.

"Pleeease!" Felix interrupted. "This one is boring!" He declared waving his book in the air limply. "Fine." Douglas stated a smile playing at his lips. "But you'll have to get away from me first!" Douglas announced as he sprung to his feet. And rugby tackled Felix tickling him. Felix squealed. And Mattie watched laughing. When Felix finally got free Douglas came to sit by Mattie.

"You're great with kids." She praised.

"So are you." Douglas smiled back. "Do you think you and Walter will ever have them?"

"I'm not sure." Mattie stated which was true enough. But Douglas wasn't really listening. He was looking at her eyes, searching him. He noticed a stray golden hair. He pushed it behind her ear very gently.

"I'M BACK!" Barked Felix. He was completely oblivious to what was going on; Just like most kids. Mattie wondered what would have happened if Felix hadn't of returned at that moment.

*************

They were all still in the libary when Douglas got hungry. "I think I'm going to go get some food." He said.

"Okay." Chorused Mattie and Felix.

Mattie and Felix began telling jokes and it left them both in fits of laughter. When they had calmed down. Something appeared it was golden like a shimmering mirage. Mattie stood and stared. Suddenly a man burst into the room through the mirage. He was tall with a head of black hair. He was Jerome.

"Mattie." The man sneered.

"Get back!" She screamed. Brandishing the book she was holding as if it could do any damage.

"I come only to give a message." Jerome taunted. "There's a war coming all because of you. People will die so I suggest you think long and hard about what you must do."

Mattie stared in shock. She hardly felt Felix lunge forward. "Leave Mattie alone I won't let you hurt..." Felix was cut short as bolt of electric sparked out of Jerome's hands and hit Felix square in the chest. He crumpled immediately. His body reminded Mattie of a petal falling from a flower. She was no longer in shock she lurched to Felix and cradled him. As if he were a new born. He was shaking and he looked up at Mattie all big blue dark eyes; Douglas's eyes now filling with tears and a final word left his lips like the final whisper of wind. "Her." He Said then his face went peaceful and his eyes misted.

"I told you people would die." Jerome hissed and he was gone.

Mattie sat there hugging Felix crying on his face willing him back to life screaming Douglas's name.

THANKS FOR READING HOPE YOU ENJOYED! WHATS NEW IN YOUR LIFE? OH WELL I JUST GOT 5SOS TICKETS AND FRICKIN EXCITED