Weekend pt. 1

Winston's POV

"I can give you a ride somewhere, if you don't want to uber," I suggested with a smile. I was trying to be nice and leave on good terms. Even though we had just finished, I didn't want Monty to feel as if he had to stay. I predicted for Monty to choose the option of uber. He would probably feel uncomfortable spending more time with me, especially after having hooked up with me again.

Monty did not take my request like I thought he would. Instead, a look of deject and hurt flashed over his face. "Are you trying to kick me out?" I was surprised to see the vulnerable side of him, even if it was only for a second.

I quickly diminished his worries by saying, "No, just thought you'd want to leave." Monty turned on his side to face me, resting his head on his bicep. "Well maybe, I want to stay and do that again." Monty said this with a suggestive look on his face which made me smile wider.

"Okay." Before I could say anything Monty interrupted by saying, "I'm not.. fucking gay." His face was no longer displaying content. He was scared. He needed someone to support him, without forcing anything from him.

I chose my words carefully as to not upset Monty further. "Okay. Cool. You can be whatever you want to be." The words were meant to be comforting but tears began to brim his eyes. My heart ached looking into them. "No. I can't."

I was at a loss for words. For a minute we just stared at each other. In that moment I wanted nothing more than to lean down and gently kiss his lips. I wanted to let him know that I was there. "Winston?" "Yeah?" "Can I stay here tonight?"

I did not expect the words that came out of my mouth next. "You can stay the whole weekend if you want." I really just did that. Monty's whole face lit up which instantly melted away all my concern. "Shit," Monty said suddenly.

"Whats wrong?" I asked. "My dad. He's not gonna buy whatever excuse I have," Monty replied. "Oh." Did this mean he couldn't stay over? This idea shouldn't have upset me as much as it did. I didn't want to spend another weekend lonely.

I think my disappointment was clearly showing because Monty quickly said, "It'll be fine. I've spent longer away from home without telling him where I was." Not completely convinced I asked, "Are you sure?" "Yeah," he assured me.

I had been propped up on my arm to talk to him and was starting to lose feeling in it. A quiet fell over my room the second I laid back down. The silence was somewhat uncomfortable but not unbearable. Feeling a bit drowsy, my eyes started to drift shut. I assumed Monty was already sleeping because he hadn't said anything in the past few minutes.

I don't know if I was dreaming, or half awake, but I could've sworn I felt lips on mine for a brief second.

~Present time~ (Winston just finished talking to Ani and Clay at Monet's)

When I arrived home, I threw my keys on our large, granite island in the kitchen. I sat down on a kitchen stool and pressed the palms of my hands to my eyes. That was draining. Ani and Clay had brought back my memories of Monty. I haven't seen him since he spent the weekend at my house. I had given him my number so we could contact each other.

I lie to myself and say he never texted me because his dad wouldn't let him. I know. The reason makes no sense at all. I would text him first, but I don't want to come off as clingy. I think it's best for Monty to have space when it comes to having a relationship with me.

I lie to myself to protect me from getting hurt by the fact he hasn't texted me and probably never will. I just had to deal with the fact that we were a one time thing. We were never going to see each other again, and to Monty, I was probably just an easy lay. I shook away my thoughts. I had no reason to trouble myself over this guy. I couldn't help myself from getting frustrated though.

At that moment, I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. I lazily took it out to look at the notification. It was a text message.

"hey. can i come over?"

I didn't even need to ask to know it was Monty.

W: sure. do u still remember where i live?

M: yeah

W: cool

M: be there in 10

W: okay

(edited)