Chapter 8

Stepping into the corridor, I was so sure I saw him. No one had that distinctive kind of walk and mop of black hair split from the right side. I hurried after him, still having the fact that I was supposed to be down in a classroom in a few minutes. 

"Lucifer!" I called out, my bag hitting against my hip while I ran.

He stopped walking and turned 180. He didn't seem to react, he had a blank expression on his face. Once I caught up to him, he looked down on his watch. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Are you okay?" I asked, grasping his arm. 

He looked down at my hand holding his arm, he merely just stared at it. He did miss breakfast and was barely seeming to exist to the school, how could I not be worried in any form? He tilted his head. He shook off my hand. 

"What do you mean? I'm alright, now go head off to class, you'll be late," He dismisses me, waving me off. 

"Huh..?"

He pivoted and started walking away down the hall up to a set of stairs. 

What was that? I knew he was really busy but the way he said that to me was different from how he'd actually talk to me.

I bit my lip, watching him leave. I sighed in frustration and stood there for a few moments. My D.D.D started beeping, shoot, I started running to the class I was supposed to be at. I'll get this done after I get to this class. 

***

I lived. I very much survived, I didn't get in trouble this time. The teacher wasn't there after a few minutes later. I sat down and pretended nothing happened, everyone around me was looking at me when I came me and sat down. 

Whispers of: 'Man she's hella late, and she gets to stay with those Demon Lords, I expected better,' or anything along the lines of that was floating around the room. Well, they don't seem to be able to whisper quietly enough that I don't hear them.

Now outside the classroom, I dialled Satan's number. I started making my way outside then Satan had picked up.

"Hey Y/N," Sounds of mumbled chattered behind him.

I pushed open the door with my shoulder and held my D.D.D with my free hand. Demons scattered all over the frontcourt. Standing, sitting and socializing. I paid no attention to them and carried on walking. 

"Hello Satan, where are you?" 

A group of demons looked my way as soon I said Satan's name and they started whispering. I don't know whether they were scared of him or envious as Levi could be.

"Keep walking and you'll see me, well Mammon," He replies through the phone, we both hung up and I kept an eye out.

I saw them up ahead, I had noticed Mammon first because of his undeniable hair colour. As soon as Mammon saw me he started waving.

"Y/N~ Didja miss me?" he says, going around me and pushing me forward to where Satan was. 

Satan crossed his arms, amused.

"W-whoa Mammon, slow down," We skidded to a halt and Mammon let go of my shoulders and walked around again. 

I took a seat on the bench nearby, Satan remained standing and leaned against a lamp post. Mammon too decided to keep standing. A group of girls passed us and started whispering the normal tea that goes around. I rolled my eyes.

"So did you find out anything?" questions Satan, his eye-catching the girls that had said his name too loud. 

Mammon frowned. I nodded. 

"I saw Lucifer, he doesn't seem himself. He was more," I started waving my arms, trying to pick out the right word. "Brisk," 

"He might be in a bad mood?" suggests Mammon. "Lucifer gets in a bad mood easily,"

There was a possibility that he was just feeling tired after staying up late or just stressed. But my mind was still hung up with that grimoire.

"That could be it, or else the grimoire did something to him," says Satan, nodding at Mammon.

"But I held onto it and nothing happened," points out Mammon.

Satan crosses his arms and thinks.

"The longer you hold onto it the longer the effect is? I mean it might've gone overnight when you last held onto it,"

We have to have a good hold on the situation, we had three options and only three.

"It just doesn't make sense, we need to go look at that book or question Lucifer- or find the 'guest'," 

I glanced at the two of them, waiting for their responses.

"Well, Y/N you're the only one who can really hold it without being affected and we don't even know where to start finding this guy," 

I pointed at Mammon. He holds his hands up in reflex.

"What? Me?" asks Mammon, sweatdropping. 

"You know the most about him so we could trace back where you first saw him and go from there," I said.

"Good point, we'll have to play our cards right. But first, we'll try to have a conversation with Lucifer and if he cooperates maybe he'll help us," advises Satan.

We all nodded in sync. I was still confused. It just didn't add up. When Mammon held onto it nothing happened, there was no significant change. Maybe it's for a specific time range? 

Lucifer did have to hold it and seal it wherever he put it. Even if he was in a bad mood it wouldn't last thing long at least. More students rushed passed us, on their way home. Satan glanced at the clock tower.

"We should head back to the house, we can find out more," 

"The sooner the better," adds Mammon.

I stood up and fell into step with the 2 boys. We needed an explanation.

Hey,

Here you guys go! I'm more than happy to consider request ideas to go towards this story! Thank you all for reading! You can also catch me on Twitter @_weebgoddess, I tweet Obey Me! related content and more.

Thanks

_softzuuu