Chapter 6

With now Lucifer in the room, his eyes dart to me. He then proceeds to share a worrying glance with Satan.

"Get away from it Y/N, over here with Satan and I," His hand pointed the empty spot next to him. Satan nodded and turned to his older brother.

I walked around Mammon and made it there. Looking back at Mammon he looked genuinely confused, with the book- I should say grimoire- in his hands.

"Mammon put the grimoire down, it's not an ordinary one like the one Cerberus guards," starts Satan, inching forward. "Unlike the one Y/N came across, this one can corrupt our kind, put it down before it does anything," 

Mammon's eyes widened and he quickly shuts the book then throws it onto a small round table nearby. I heard Lucifer sigh in relief, he must've felt the dark presence as soon as I brought it down. 

"So that book has enough power to possess me?" says Mammon, his breathing uneven. I squeezed his sleeve and tugged him over to where we were.

"Yes, I had found it in my study when we first moved here and I instantly sealed it away," Satan thinks for a second. "But I never thought it'd be found, how did you even know it was there?" 

Lucifer's eyes narrowed while he shared a look with Mammon, Mammon's head tilted.

"The guest told me Goldie was there," He replies, again with the guest. 

The guest didn't seem reliable, he did just lead us to something life-threatening that made both Lucifer and Satan run to us. Satan facepalmed and Lucifer sighed at his response.

"Wait what- Guest?" blurted Satan. "Our only one is you Y/N, but you've been here for a while- you're already like family," 

I chewed the inside of my cheek, how touching. Mammon's eyebrows furrowed. What was going on, and this 'guest' didn't seem to be the person we thought he was to be. 

"He said he was here to meet with Diavolo and Lucifer,"

Lucifer crosses his arms. Surely, if Lucifer didn't know then our 'guest' was messing with us. Coming into the house unwelcomed was creepy enough, sharing information that would definitely lead us to something deadly was not okay. He's worn his welcome out in this house, whether it was given to him or not.

"I have heard no such thing Mammon, when did you last see this 'guest'?"

Mammon thought hard and came up with an answer for us.

"An hour after dinner when I was walking back to my room," His arms extended outwards. "He wore this long black robe and this veil thing. I couldn't see his face, but I just thought it was for personal space so I didn't really question it. Hm, and after he mentioned coming to see you I just kept listening," 

A man wearing a long black robe with a veil covering his face, it sounds scary already and I'm here to possibly experience it now that everything has happened.

Satan let out a sigh.

"You've just been lied to and Mammon, you took the bait. Man, you're gullible,"

"Mammon, you didn't feel like he was lying to you?" added Lucifer looking up at the cupboard I was in before.

Mammon shrugged. He was very unsure what to reply with; a tick mark grew on his forehead at Satan's fact.

"I am not gullible Satan, I just assumed and I..." his voice trails away.

I pat his shoulder, whatever happened was just the start of everything.

"Forget that, now what are we going to do with the grimoire? It can't just be left there, anyone could pick it up," I asked, staring at the dusty book on the table.

"We'll have to seal it away again before it gets into anyone else's hands," says Lucifer. "I'll take it down, and seal it-"

"-isn't it dangerous for you to even touch it?" I pitched in. Satan and Mammon nod with agreement. "We don't know how long it takes for it to start taking over you," So many possibilities of this book getting out of hand. "We don't even know how it works,"

Silence drifted through the air, the three of us stood there in silence.

"Lucifer probably is the only one who could resist it even if it's not for long, he is Lucifer," points out Satan breaking the silence.

 I look at all of them all at once. He did make a fair point, yet anything could happen.

"My point is that it's dangerous and it'll be risky," I pressed. "That book is just a whole heap of chaos and it's just asking for it," I say, pointing at the book. "Once it has what it wants it'll wreak havoc,"

Mammon chewed the inside of his cheek, honestly looking confused. To be fair, everyone in this room was. Lucifer held up a hand.

"Thank you for your concern Y/N, I appreciate it, the quicker we have it sealed the less trouble it's going to make. It won't take long," 

Lucifer's eyes soften as soon as his eyes connected with mine.

"Okay then," 

I couldn't help but feel a little doubt and concern.

"Well that settles it, we better all head off back into our rooms and we shouldn't mention this tomorrow morning," concludes Satan, patting my head.

He leaned in to whisper into my ear. 

"Don't worry about Lucifer he'll be fine," 

I nodded, Satan had changed a lot and genuinely cared for his oldest brother even though they butted heads every now and again.

"Alright, be careful Lucifer," nods Mammon and he's the first to leave the library. We watch his figure disappear.

Lucifer's hand rested on his chest once again.

"I will thank you, good night,"

"Good night and be careful," I say and that was the last thing I said that night before I retired to bed.

*the next day*

I woke up feeling tired and worried. Last night was not just an ordinary night. I did have my worries, jumping out of bed I went into the bathroom and cleaned myself up. I tugged on my RAD uniform and checked my D.D.D for any texts. Surprisingly I had none, knowing Asmo or Mammon were usually the first ones to send texts early in the morning. With my bed tidy, I made my way down to the dining hall to have breakfast...

Hey!

I hope you enjoy!

_softzuuu.