Chapter 12- Cowgirls Don't cry

Gio's Note: Heyy sorry for the long wait I was busy. :P I put a video on the side! watch it when your reading the last scene it will go perfect! Trust me! :) ENJOY!

Chapter 12: Cowgirls Don't Cry

****************

I sat there on my bedroom floor not wanting to continue living anymore; I felt someone shaking me. Someone was trying to talk to me but I couldn't match the voice. I took in everything that just happened. HE came back again, I didn't feel safe in my own home anymore and I had HIM to blame. I heard the voice getting louder so I looked up to see who was calling me; Mike was standing in the middle of my room. I was so terrified that I forgot Mike had come to my rescue. He had a worried expression on his face and his eyes held nothing but pity. I felt a lump in my throat that kept me from talking to him.

"Rose, I called detective Benson he's on his way. Okay?" Mike said taking a step closer to me. He kneeled down in front of me, we locked eyes and he held me.

"How did you get here so fast?" I asked. When he was calling me I thought he was in his house not right outside mine. I had just hoped that when he would hear me scream he would have called the cops.

"I was supposed to do something with Max but he texted me an hour ago to pick him up at your house. I got here and I called him but it went straight to voice mail. That's why I called you." I took in what he said just in time to hear my name being called out. We both turned our heads towards the door and saw detective Benson standing there. His gaze landed on me and then it went to my bed; he saw all the pictures and his eyes widened. He slowly walked towards me. Mike got up and took a step back.

"Are you okay Rose?" Detective Benson said with concern on his face. I nodded my head; I didn't have the strength of saying anything else. He pulled out his cell phone and made a call. When he ended the call he extended his hand for me to grasp it. I took it and he helped me up. We headed downstairs and he sat me by the couch. He walked to my kitchen signaling Mike to follow him. I heard them whispering but I couldn't make out the words they were saying; it got me irritated that they had to hide it from me because I was too "fragile". I hated how my life had turned into this nightmare and it was all because of HIM!

I heard sirens getting louder and louder until I realized they had stopped right outside my door. Police officers barged in my house without notice and wait straight up stairs. I sat in the living room watching the investigators take over my house that was now a crime scene. I stared in nothing I stopped putting attention to what they were doing and just sat there thinking.

"ROSE!?!?" I heard a male voice call out. I shivered at the sound of his voice. Although I had cleared it out of my mind I still couldn't get that feeling of Max away. I saw him stand in front of me and it took a while until he decided to sit next to me. I thought his closeness would bring me comfort but it brought me the exact opposite of what I was expecting. Shivers went down my spine as he touched my arm. He hugged me, reassuring me that everything was going to be okay. I remember when I use to feel comfort in his arms now I didn't even feel safe and I couldn't think of a reason why.

I made no movement at all; until I heard the voice that brought the comfort in me.

"Rose?" I heard his voice nice and clear. I didn't have to look up to know who it was.

Kyle.

I saw his worry expression and felt in urge to hug him; so I did. I stood up with the only force I had left in me and hugged him as if my life depended on it. He hugged me back with the much intensity I was and that made me feel safe for once in a long time. "You're going to be alright, okay Rose?" He whispered to my ear. My heart melted at the sound of his words; he didn't know what those words meant to me coming from him. I finally pulled away from the hug and turned towards Max. I saw a mad expression on his face but as soon as he saw me, it disappeared.