Chapter 9- Max

Chapter 9- Max

**************************

4 WEEKS LATER

I sat there waiting for that phone call I needed to hear so badly. Detective Benson had notified me a few hours earlier that Kyle was been discharged from the hospital. I wanted so bad to talk to Kyle! Ever since my attacker had texted me to stay away from Kyle, I had. Of course Kyle and I had found a way around that. As much as everyone was concerned I hadn’t talked to Kyle since but we had been texting for 3 weeks now. I told no one of this not even Tyler. I didn’t want to put Kyle at risk what so ever. So know today was the day Kyle was going home and I was so anxious to see him already. I couldn’t wait another minute but I had to get the clear from detective Benson first. I hated waiting for this call.

I heard my phone ring and I instantly got it but to my surprise it said Max’s name on the screen. We had gotten into a fight last week and I kept on avoiding him. I knew I had to break up with him but I kept on postponing it. I didn’t know how to talk to him anymore and even though I hate to admit he was starting to scare me now. I didn’t know what to do but first thing tomorrow I would talk to Tyler, he would help me go easy on him.

My phone started to ring but this time I saw the name that I had been waiting for all day: detective Benson.

“Hello, detective”

Hello, Rose how are you doing?”

“Good thank you; um do you have any news as for my attacker?”

“No sorry, we can’t find anything, like if he just disappeared.”

“Oh, so does that mean I could go visit Kyle today?”

“Yes, I believe so Rose.”

“Thank you detective”

I hung up and made my way to the kitchen. I couldn’t help but smiling my way to my car. Just as I’m opening the door to my house to go outside I see Max standing there. My smile immediately disappears. He moves his head and looks at my purse on one hand and the keys on the other.

“Going somewhere babe?”

“Oh, um yeah detective just called me so I need to go.”

I couldn’t lie to him but I knew if I told him I was going to go see Kyle all hell would break loose. I also thought that if he really was my attacker I didn’t want him to hurt Kyle even more. Max my attacker the very thought just made a shiver ran through my spine.  I had to go see Kyle now.

“Why are you lying to me Rose, don’t avoid me.” He grabbed me by the arm as I tried to walk pass him.

“I’m not lying, we’ll talk later okay Max, I need to go!”