hiding [p.p] - 12.18.19

word count: 2103

peter pevensie x reader

warnings: a slightly cheeky edmund at the end

-

being unexpectedly woken up in the middle of the night only to find out your uncle was plotting to kill you and your brother was not how you'd expect your life to turn out. you thought your brother was going to run a happy kingdom, have a regular coronation at the age of 18 and live the life he's always dreamed of. of course, things never quite go to plan, now did they?

that night seemed so long ago, and so much has happened since. caspian used queen susan's horn while we were being attacked by narnians, and the next thing we knew, the kings and queens of old were stood before us, ready to help us lead this army and defeat our uncle. aslan, how your life has changed in the matter of a few weeks. you felt a war coming, and with each passing day, fear seemed to build up within the how. that, and something else. hope. a power so great, you never could've imagined the strength it gave soldiers until you witnessed it first hand. and that source of hope was heading your way at this very moment.

he smiled gently, carefully looking around to ensure there were no lingering eyes, especially those of your brother. peter's eyes sparkled as they met yours, so many mixed emotions dancing around his ocean blue orbs. "hello there, your majesty." you said politely, a teasing tone evident in your voice. he scoffed, rolling his eyes; a smile growing on his lips despite it all. "hello, y/n. fancy seeing you here." he flirted, and it was your turn to roll your eyes. you brushed off the butterflies in your stomach as you casually asked, "care for a walk?" he nodded, and the two of you made your way to the camp borders; to a secret clearing just inside the tree line where the two of you could get some privacy.

"i've missed you today." peter said, laying down on the grass, his eyes never leaving your sitting figure. "i saw you this morning?" you laughed, quirking a brow. peter shrugged, "yes, but caspian was there, so i couldn't properly say good morning." he pouted, and you shake your head, quickly rolling over and kissing him flat on the lips, taking him aback. before he could kiss back, you pulled away cheekily. "good morning, my king." you smiled innocently, before he quickly tackled you and littered your face with kisses. it was times like this, you felt at peace. as though you weren't on the verge of a war that could break out at any given moment. you were simply a girl, spending time with a not-so-simple boy, who cared deeply for you.

you wished you could act like this around the camp; spend time with the person you loved while you still had time. you both knew peter would eventually return to his world, though neither of you tried to focus on that fact. you were living here, in the moment with each other. you treasured your time together, and especially moments like these. it would not be an issue to associate around the camp, had it not been for your protective older brother. he barely let you leave the castle back when you weren't being hunted, and now with the constant worry of attacks, he'd grown extra protective of you; not that you needed it. you'd been trained with a sword and in archery, and you could handle yourself.

you only feared what caspian would do to peter if he found out. the two already weren't on the best of terms after everything that had happened during the raid on the telmarine castle, pitting the blames on each other and practically forming a war between the two royals. it was unnecessary and frankly, you found it quite childish. you never spoke out about it though; you cared about both of them, and decided to stay quiet during the whole ordeal. though they finally managed to sort their differences (with a bit of help from you), they were constantly on thin ice with each other, and you didn't feel the need to test the waters on the situation if you didn't have to. besides, you and peter made it a bit of a game, teasing each other frequently and trying not to get caught. it was thrilling.