Unbelievable

Lauren POV
I had two options.
Push past those guards and find out why the hell Kylie's name ended up in the same sentence as 'girlfriend' or leave and let time settle this out. For all I knew it could be a big misunderstanding. I decided to pay a visit to Ashley who didn't seem to answer. Man, was everybody avoiding me today?
I sighed in frustration and lastly went to see Kian. I knocked on his door and he opened it within minutes.
He looked....upset?
"Are you okay?" I asked as I plopped down on the couch.
"I'm fine." He bluntly answered. Well now I know he definitely isn't.
"Kian. Come on." I pleaded.
"How did I not notice?" He blurted.
"Notice what?!" I said getting frustrated with how difficult he was being.
"Haven't you noticed? Sam is not who you think he is?"
Really, he was going to throw him under the bus like that?
I lifted my brows at him, urging an explanation.
"Lauren, he's been playing you." Kian exclaimed. Seriously? Why do things never work in my favor? Why can't things go the way I want?
"You're kidding," I gasped, my heart heavy in my chest.
"Him and Kylie have been messing around these past weeks." He stated, his voice hard and wavering. Why was he soo hurt by this? This had to be bullshit.
"What makes you think that?" I fired back.
He handed me Ashley's phone and told me to look at the screen. It was open to a conversation between her and Sam.
"Sam what the hell are you doing?"

"Why do you all of a sudden care?"

"Maybe because you know that you've been leading Lauren on and I know for damn sure you don't have intentions about telling her about kylie."

"Kylie and I are complicated ok? We've only been messing around for a couple months, nothing serious. "

"Nothing serious? For months?! What will Lauren think."

"She won't think anything because she won't find out. "

The conversation ended there. I could feel a mixture of rage and sadness overtake my body.
"I can't believe it" I whispered. All those assumptions I had about him and her, they were true.
He lied to me, to my face, and I was stupid enough to fall for it. I let him hand me the keys and watch me drive myself insane.
I was stupid.
"I'll be back." I said storming out of the room. Sam was going to tell me everything whether he liked it or not.
I paced in the elevator hoping this was all a huge misunderstanding.
My eyes turned cold as I saw Kylie's storm out of Sam's room. It was now or never.
"Excuse me?" I politely asked. She snapped around and looked at me. It appeared that she was talking to Ashley.
"Yeah can I help you with something? " she asked, waiting on an answer.
"Well I've heard you've been messing around with Sam..." I started before she cut me off.
"I don't think you have to worry about that anymore." Kylie snapped eyeing Ashley.
"Please don't do this," I faintly heard Ashley whisper.
"No! I'm going to because you deserve it." Kylie exclaimed, she sounded pissed.
"I'm assuming you're, Lauren, Ashley's cousin? Well I think you'd be delighted to know that she's been dating Sam for the past 3 months." Kylie spat.
No it couldn't have been true. It would've been impossible.
"What the hell are you talking about? She dated Eric!" I almost shouted, tears forming. How dare she make up such a ridiculous lie?!
"Or she just used him so you wouldn't get suspicious. Trust me, Sam was my boyfriend too, I'm just as heartbroken honey."
This couldn't have been anymore insane. It made sense, why she pushed me away from Sam and towards liking Kian. Now that I think if it, she had always "stayed behind" during hang outs at times that Sam was too busy to meet up.
This was bullshit.
"I-i" I searched for the words but they never came.
"I'm soo soo sorry Lauren I meant to tell you sooner I really did." Ashley pleaded looking at me with sad eyes.
"Save it." I spat before turning around and leaving. I couldn't take it.
3 months. For 3 whole months they went around behind my back. The words Sam used on me were probably just recycles of stuff he said to Ashley.
I was his cover. He never liked me. He just wanted a cover.
I just don't understand why the two of them couldn't be honest? That's what didn't make sense.
"Lauren, listen." I heard Ashley's small voice say from behind me. I exhaled deeply and waited for what ever shit if an excuse she had.
"We never intended for this to happen. I wanted Kian and Sam wanted you but you two obviously had a thing. We were lonely and needed someone to talk to and felt the same way."
I took a deep breath before ignoring every word she said and stepping into the elevator.