Escape

The Next Day

I woke up to the irritating sound of my phone vibrating. I slammed my hand down onto the bedside table feeling around for it. I grasped my phone and squinted at the bright numbers and letters illuminated by the screen.

7:03 am

Incoming Call -Sam Pottorff

Was he really calling this early? I sighed and answered the call.

"Hello?" I answered quietly.

"Hey Lauren, I just wanted to make sure you were okay, you left early last night." He replied.

"Oh um, yeah Im fine, thanks for calling."I muttered, picking at the strings of my pajama shorts.

"Kian told me what happened. Hes such a douche."Sam exclaimed,

"I agree."I groaned. All of this thats happened lately has given me such a headache. I heard Sam take a deep breath on the other line.

"Uh there are a few things I have to talk to you about though. Promise youll listen to the whole thing?"He asked.

"Sure, what is it?"

"First of all, I still really like you, I never stopped. And, that day at my party, I didnt mean for things to turn out the way they did. I saw Kylie running into the bathroom crying, so I went to check on her, all the fame was really bothering her. Before I knew it she was kissing, and thats when you opened the door. I swear I pushed her off as soon as I could." Sam blurted quickly. Whoa, that was a lot.

"And I only went on a date to make Kian jealous. I just couldnt stand the fact that you were his girlfriend and not mine." Wait a second, girlfriend? We may have gotten close, but we were never official.

"Wait did you say girlfriend?"  I asked in a confused tone.

"Yeah...why?" He asked back.

"Kian and I were never official boyfriend and girlfriend." I answered. There was a short awkward pause before Sam started talking again.

"Oh, cos Kian told me you guys were official...."He said trailing off. Did Kian ever really like me? Or did he just want the label of having a girlfriend?

I was actually pretty pissed, he basically used me. Then an idea popped into my mind.

""We never were, by the way, did Kian ever have feelings for Andrea?"I asked, heated.

"He did, but dont tell him I told you"Sam pleaded.

"Oh I wont"I said through gritted teeth. It all made sense now. Kian used me to make Andrea jealous. I never expected anything this low from him.

I chatted with Sam for a little while before I pretended to have something to do and we hung up. I needed time to think.

I sighed and grabbed my laptop to distract myself. Ashley had just left for a doctors appointment. As I was scrolling down twitter a vacation advertisement caught my eye. Deciding not to click on it,I pulled up a new tab. I mean come on its most likely some virus crap that'll break my laptop. 

Curiously, I searched the prices of airplane tickets to New York City for two. The air fare was very reasonable, and the prices for hotel rooms were cheap as well.

I needed to get away from this town just for a little bit.  Its not like I was leaving for months, just taking a little breather.

Without second guessing myself I purchased the tickets and booked the hotel room.

I excitedly grabbed my phone and punched in a number.

"Hello?"They answered.

"Hey, wanna go on a mini vacation with me?"I asked eagerly.

"Of course."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So who do you think Lauren is taking on vacation with her? Do you think Sam will confront Kian for lying? Sorry this chapter took AGES to upload, I was on vacation and my phone had trouble loading wattpad. This chapter is pretty short but I promise the next ones will be longer. Thank you guys soo much for reading,commenting,voting,and not killing me when I didnt update for forever!

I love you guys:)