Chapter 7 "Lalya's pet Wolf"

***Waneta's P.O.V***

             I walked inside the pack house and almost ran into Iris. I put my hand out to steady her. She gaped at me and I smiled back at her before walking to my room. I kicked the door shut and flopped onto my bed. I layed there for a while before hopping out the window. I shifted into my wolf on the way down. I landed on my paws with a thud. My wolf was bigger than the average wolf, obviously as an Alpha I’d be bigger.

             My fur was a silky black and my eyes were silver, at odds with my black human eyes. I stretched out before trotting through the break in the trees. Once I was under the leafy overhang I started running hell-bent for leather to my place to relax. When I entered the small clearing I immediately heard snoring. I froze. I lifted my snout and sniffed to see who was in my territory and was immediately assaulted by the sweet smell of honeysuckle and spice.

             My wolf whimpered in want and started panting. I slowly moved until I could see who was making my wolf go bananas and just about tripped over my paws when I saw my beautiful mate with her hair spread out over the rock she was laying on with an open book on her chest. I padded over to her and nudged her foot with my snout. She snorted and turned on her side. The book fell and landed on its side. I crept up on my belly to her face and gave it a lick. Lalasa smiled but didn’t wake. I gave an evil doggy grin and licked her again, from chin to her hair line. Her eyes popped open and widened when she saw me.

                                            ***Lalasa’s P.O.V***

             I was in dream land, happy and warm when something nudged my foot. I snorted to try and get it to go away and turned over. Nothing bothered me for a while and as I was slipping back into dream land something wet and rough went over my face. I smiled, thinking it was part of my dream when it happened again, only this time it went from my chin to my hair line. My eyes popped open and widened at the sight before me.

             In front of me was a giant wolf on its belly. I started to panic and in the back of my mind a voice kept saying that when a wolf was on its belly it was a sign of submission to a stronger wolf but that only worked if I was a wolf and I wasn’t a wolf. The wolf was black as sin and its eyes were a beautiful piercing silver. Right now the wolf was whimpering and I instinctively put out my hand to comfort him. My hand stopped before I made contact and I held my breath, afraid the wolf would snap at me.

             The wolf crept forward on his belly until my hand touched his forehead. I smiled at the silky soft feel of fur under my hand.

             “You’re not going to hurt me are you boy?” I asked him and he pushed his nose into my hand, asking me without word to pet him. I started scratching behind his ears and chin and he started a strange sound close to Duske’s purring.

             “If you understand me nod your head.” The wolf nodded its head and pushed up against my hand, asking for more scratching. I started scratching again/

             “Are you a boy? Because if I name you like. . . Claire it’d be really embarrassing if you turned out to be a boy and I had to rename you.” The wolf licked my palm.

             “I’ll take that as a yes. I think I’ll name you . . . . George?” The wolf stopped his purring and looked at me. If it was possible for animals to give glares, this wolf would win first prize.

             "Okay, so definitely not George. How about . . . . . Fred? No? Talon?” at the last name the wolf licked my palm and I laughed.

             “Talon it is. So, Talon, would you mind walking back home with me?” I asked him and he bounded up. Talon went over and got my book from where it must’ve fell when I had rolled over and picked it up in his mouth. I tried taking it from him but he held onto it, determined to carry it for me so I let him be. I walked back through the woods with Talon following behind me. I decided to play with him a little and started swerving around trees and bushes and other obstacles in the path. I looked over my shoulder to see him looking at me with a questioning look on his canine face. I laughed and while I wasn’t looking I tripped over a root above ground and fell.