Chapter 14 "The day after"

*** Lalasa’s P.O.V. ***

             I woke up to another day of going to hell. I was practically a zombie getting ready and putting on black. A weird color yes, but right now it suited my mood. I had on black pants, black sparkly bow ballet flats and a black Grumpy Cat T-Shirt. I grabbed my book and my CD player and trudged downstairs. I bent down at the bottom step and scratched Duske behind her ears. I went into the kitchen and stole my green pepper for the day and my bag. I was waiting for the bus when Waneta’s car pulled up.

              “Need a lift?” I grumbled at him and got in the car.

              “Wow, you seem grumpy.” I glanced at him and grumbled a bit more. I pulled out my phone and texted;

             Need Coffee,

             and showed it to him.

              “Ahh, well if you look in the back, I think there’s a thermos full of coffee.” Before he even finished saying I was in the back seat looking for that thermos. I squealed when I felt the handle of the thermos and I snatched it up and hugged it to my chest. Ooo, it’s warm, very warm, I thought and sighed happily and smiled for the first time today.

                  “It’s warm, almost hot.” I told Waneta as I scrambled back into the front seat.

              ”yeah, well, thank the seat warmers. They turn on automatically and stay on until the car turns off.” He told me as I cuddled the coffee to my chest. I opened it and took a small careful sip. I sighed happily as the coffee burned my tongue. Waneta pulled into the school parking lot and chose a space. I got out with my bag and the thermos in my hand. I sipped the coffee ad me and Waneta went to our homeroom.

             The day swam by pretty fast, if not weird because of my mood. Sora and Angus were lovey-dovey and I couldn’t seem to look at Waneta without blushing and thinking about the kiss I gave him last night. I gave up halfway through the day. My last class, gym, I am happy to say went okay, no serious injuries occurred because the teacher finally got it though his skull that I was dangerous around people and gave me something padded. Now, it wasn’t entirely my fault when I ended up jamming Waneta’s middle finger with the ball.

              “I’m sorry; I’m in a weird mood.” I told him and he just smiled and waved my apology away.

              “It’s fine.” Waneta told me and after that, in the car he turned to me and asked,

              “Would you mind coming to my family’s bonfire tomorrow? Sora, Angus, and I’ll be there so you won’t have to worry.” He gave me the big puppy dog eyes, much like a teacup Chihuahua, and I couldn’t resist.

              “Alright, can I bring my Mom and Dad If I want?” I asked him and he nodded. I smiled at him and gave him a hug. He dropped me off in my driveway and I waved and ran to my house. I went inside and dropped my bag by the door. I went into the kitchen and smiled when I saw my mom at the stove folding up a calzone.

              “Ooo, can I have the left over olives?” My mom nodded and I grabbed the can and got my book and ran outside and into the woods. I ran until I got to the spot where I had met Talon and waited for him. He came bounding out of the trees. I knelt down and gave him a hug and he licked my face. I laughed and wiped my face off. I ran ahead to my stream, which was a little bit further up the stream with a large tree with branches everywhere and holding up these thick vines that wrapped around the branches and hung down in little loops. I had found the spot after the stiches episode.

              “Look! Hammocks! And I found one for you too. See, look” I pointed to a loop of vines kinda like a makeshift bed underneath another kinda makeshift bed but bigger. Talon jumped up and licked my face again and went to investigate his hammock. I smiled and laughed a little bit when he tried to get in it. I went over behind him and kinda tumbled him into it. He yelped and gave me a dirty look. I laughed and climbed up into mine as he got settled in. I read and time flew by and before I knew it, it was time to go home. I pushed off the tree in a rocking motion and jumped down, bad idea ‘cause I almost landed on my face. Apparently I stayed for a bit too long because Talon was asleep. I smiled and scratched his ears; he woke up and licked my fingers. I smiled.

              “Time for me to go home, Talon. Want to walk me home?” I asked him and he huffed and looked at me as if to say “duh.” I laughed and followed him back through the woods. Unlike last time and the time before that he stopped at the door and not at the porch.

               “Wow, you’re at the door, I thought you’d never come onto the porch.” Talon huffed and I laughed. I scratched his ears and under his chin in goodbye and reward and went inside. I immediately smelled the calzones on the stove. Mmm, I thought and followed my nose to the calzones. I grabbed one and the sauce that went with it. I walked into the living room and put on 38-2, Class of the Titans Episode 1, Chaos 101 part one.

              I know, I know, it’s a kid’s show but I love the history lesson that goes with it. I ate my calzone before putting my plate in the sink and washing it off. I sat back down on the couch and watched it until it was one in the morning. I stood, stretched, and yawned. I sort of slunked up the stairs and into my room. I picked Duske up from my pillow and settled in. I turned on the radio and fell asleep to patty cake, purring, and Erik Pasely.

              I don't wanna be your Monday morning heading back to work

              Stuck in traffic going slow, nothing on the radio

              I don't wanna be another chore to check off on your list

              Of things you gotta do and places that you gotta go

              Oh no

              I wanna be your Friday night sweet ride

              Summertime sunshine barefoot in the moonlight

              I wanna be your jackpot hot spot

              Wide open road in a candy apple rag top

              I wanna set you free

              I wanna take you high

              I wanna be, wanna be your Friday night.

A/N: Hey peoples. Kind of quick upload. :D I hope you enjoyed the chapter, if you did, vote, comment, or and continue reading. SPOILER!!!: I have a few legends as to where the wolves in this world came to be. I hope you like the 15th chapter when I put it up. Thanks for reading,

~Silvery_Blue_Flames