Chapter 20 "Trials"

***Lalasa's P.O.V. ***

              I woke up warm and content next to Waneta, who had his arm thrown over me as well as one of his legs thrown over my thighs. Possessive bugger that he was, he had my hair wrapped in one of his fists that I found out when I tried to move my head. I gently pulled my hair free of his fists and rolled out from under his leg and arm. I continued to roll until I was on the edge of the bed then sat up before standing up after putting my feet on the floor.

              I winced at the coolness of the hardwood as I went into the bathroom and did my thing before returning to the bed and my mate. Waneta immediately rolled over and covered me with his arm and leg again. Someone pounded on the door just as I had gotten comfortable in the nook of Waneta’s shoulder. I rolled my eyes and grumble to myself as I got back up and went to the door. I opened it to see Connor standing there looking tired and nervous.

              “Can you tell Waneta that the trial tonight is at 7:00? The council will be here in an hour to hear out what happened to cause this.” I stared at him wide-eyed for a minute before whirling around and stalking over to Waneta and tossing over my shoulder,

              “Thanks. Could you shut the door?” I heard it close in answer as I sat on the edge of the bed. I shook Waneta’s shoulder and watched as his eyes opened and he smiled at me.

              “Time to get up, the council will be here in an hour.” Waneta winced at the glare I was giving him.

              “I was going to tell you but I thought I’d be up sooner and have time to warn you. They’re here for Nataeleigh.” He told me as he sat up and stretched. My gaze caught when his shirt rode up to show his flat stomach. I heard him clear his throat and I looked up to see him smirking at me. I stuck my tongue out at him and he chuckled. I shoved at him and he grabbed my waist and tossed me down on the bed and came down over top of me. Waneta brushed my hair back and smiled at me before giving me a kiss. I shoved at his shoulders as I broke the kiss,

              “Go on, take a shower, we have to get ready for when the Council arrives.” He groaned but rolled off me and to his feet. I sat up and hopped of the bed. I let the room and went downstairs into the kitchen. Connor was sitting at the island, drinking orange juice and I walked over and poked him before going to the fridge and pulled out a green pepper that I had stocked in the vegetable bin just in case I had spent the night.

              I needed my morning green pepper or I’d be attached to a coffee cup the entire day. Yes, it was that bad and I have given up coffee except for when I feel like the walking dead when I get up in the morning. I sat down at the island and bit into the pepper, yum. I steadily munched through it until I was eating around the stem. I was getting up to throw my stem away when Waneta came in dressed in well-worn jeans, a black T-Shirt, and sneakers with his hair still drying from his shower. He gave me a kiss when I sat back down and sat beside me.

              “So, the council will be arriving in about a half hour and we need to get ready. Connor, will you grab two enforcers that were with us for the additional witnesses? Lalasa,” Waneta turned to me.

              “Could you wear a top and shorts that shows off your tattoos?” I furrowed my brows at the second clothing request but since it was 75 degrees out I nodded.

              “I gotta go home and change. See you soon.” I gave Waneta a hug and a kiss and went upstairs to get my shoes. I went into Waneta’s room and looked around before spotting my shoes in front of the dresser. I stooped down and sat on the bed to put them on. I stood up before walking out of the room, down the stairs, and out the door. I turned towards the woods and jogged towards my house.