The Finale

All alone, again but would it really matter since I've been alone before. All alone, preying on evil little youngsters but now how many are there but 100, 200? How far are they from me? 

My body is deteriorating and I am the only one left alive. Is this the end of humanity? It's boring at home so it's better to go for a walk right now or something. See the environment now. The trees are overgrowing and trash is everywhere. Dead animal carcasses and many bugs. The trees, they don't look like what they used to, my home. It's all changing and eventually I'll be gone too like nothing ever happened. Only through the stories and legends of us that were passed around by humans is how we are alive.

For me to be alive this long, that's a sick miracle. If Only my head is the thing left and I start to go blind my other senses will be stronger but it's only my hearing and the things that touch my head. It's not that I eat kids since I'm hungry. I eat them if they're bad kids, very bad because who would want those crazy monkeys roaming around terrorizing people. They come into my woods and they would vandalize my things, my home. That's all long gone now. Diseases are running amok, dead bodies on the floor with dry blood every now and then. 

When was the last time rain had ever dropped down here, I can't even remember. It's all so vague now that it's shocking I am feeling any sort of emotions towards this. Sentiment, sadness and anger I have never knew for such a long time I could feel this way. "Being human" that's a real shocker. Me being personified I've never knew I could do such a thing and it took so long. 

There are feet at my front entrance that is decaying-vanishing and I look up to see who it was. What a shock, it could probably even be seen on my clear-less face. I've changed, the world change but yet looking at you. You still have not. I don't even know your name and I don't know where you came from. The first time we met are now distant memories I don't care to remember anymore. Thinking everyone is gone is just so-

"Slenderman" you said in your familiar yet hearing your voice again sounds so distant. Like I have just met you for the first time kind of feeling but in actuality I've met you times before but those were hundreds of years ago. You held out your hand and I hold it. I'm going crazy and it's just bizarre. Me, a terrifying monster who haunts people's dreams is now suddenly holding the palms of a small-innocent looking child who I can just devour in a matter of seconds. Isn't this world so bizarre, so wild. Imagine if this was even another universe and I am not real. 

"Slenderman" you said again

I could not respond. I had questions that had build up but at this moment of me being beside you. Holding you small hand and glancing once every while. My throat just tightens.

"Eat me". You said monotonously and stare up at. I didn't think I would hesitate this much. 

Eat me you say but I cannot. Excuses came into mind but they don't matter I knew that. My appetite would be ruined with the like of you.

"Mr. Slenderman, please. Everything will turn back to normal once you've eaten me."

Everything, will be normal, normal. 

"No questions, you have to just do it. Please". You begged

"Y'know. I don't really care anymore." My voice full of nothing but the carbon dioxide it breaths out. Though, that's not true since I'm not one of you.

"Humans, did this to themselves if that's what you're trying to save. I just simply exist"

She looked at me with eyes full of bewilderment. It was little laughable and stupid. "I don't care if I die, I've only been existing to fill a simple task of scaring and haunting people in their scary summer tales of the night. My existence have distilled fear, foolishness, and now I simply don't have any other reason to exist. You! Though can just be reborn again after a few hundred-million years or so. I, will be nothing more than a long forgotten tell tale of the past waiting to be revived again by the words of you lot."

Everything was long and only a snippet of my face remained until nothing was left. Slenderman has been pronounced, gone.