Tryin Hard Not To Fall

Trippin on skies
Sippin' on waterfalls
My youth, my youth is yours
Run away now and forevermore
______________ERIK______________
Erik felt almost weightless underwater. There was this certain silence that engulfed him. Above him the music was muffled and sounded far away enough to feel otherworldly. A  shadow appeared on the pools edge, hovering over him like a watchful guardian. A smile stretched across his boyish features as he pushed off the bottom of the pool and shot upward towards the surface. The lights illuminate the night as teenagers scatter across the yard. Couples snuggle tight in an awkward sort of newfound love way.

    "You proud of yourself then? You're gonna get sick," he heard a familiar voice above him claim. He looked playfully towards the boy. His arms were crossed and he had one eyebrow raised. Even in the low lighting Erik could make out his breathtaking baby blues. They were soft and understanding yet reflected things about the world Erik didn't truly understand. He wore overalls with a yellow and white striped t shirt underneath. On anyone else it would look average but on him? It looked damn perfect. His brown curls were slightly askew and his skin shiny from the summer humidity. This only made the smaller boy more angelic to Erik. Charles Xavier was Erik's forever angel, but of course he wouldn't tell anyone else that.

"You worry too much," Erik smirked as he got out of the pool. A chill was obligatory considering he jumped into the pool, fully clothed, on a dare. His own band t shirt and ripped jeans were dripping water sadly. While in contrast Charles was dry and holding a red solo cup casually.

"Woah, is that a drink in your hand my dear?" Erik whispered and Charlie took a sip and ignored the question.

"Let's get you a change of clothes, idiot," Charles smiled as he guided Erik through the dispersed crowd of teenagers. In the foggy lighting Erik felt weightless. The pink twinkling lights were like a dream as he followed Charlie without question. Erik is pretty sure he would follow Charlie anywhere with no explanation needed, that's just how it was for the two. This sense of trust that was without fault, a bond forged through hard times and laughter.

Erik grabbed a towel and dried himself off enough to walk inside of the house. The inside was loud with conversation and music as the magic continued. Erik spotted a few of his own friends dancing and smiling in the dark which in turn made him feel warm. Erik chased what he liked to call "Montage Moments'. Moments where you feel as if you are in a movie and everything will undoubtedly be alright. He was having that moment right now.

"You'll have to borrow some of Alex's clothes," Charlie commented as they weaved through the crowd and up the stairs. Upstairs was quieter and the music was reduced to the occasional bass rumble. Erik realized what was happening and he blushed. He was upstairs...alone...with Charlie. He had admitted to himself he was infatuated with the boy years ago but things were different lately. Summer tended to do that to someone. Charlie had somehow acquired a tan fit for a model causing little freckles to pop up all over his face. He was a bit taller and had a more confident air around him. This wasn't at all good news for the pining Erik. Now everytime he was alone with Charlie he felt awkward and lonely. He would find himself accidentally staring, getting caught and then blushing to the point where he can warm a small country. He had attempted to make a move once or twice. It always ended in Erik backing out and running home with an excuse. It was pathetic, but he didn't even know if Charlie felt that way and he couldn't bear to lose his best friend. He wouldn't do that, no matter how much it hurts.

"Hey, you can go back to the party. Don't worry about me," Erik spoke suddenly trying to break away from the upcoming awkwardness as Charlie opened up Alex's bedroom.

"Don't worry about you? Someone has to," Charlie chuckled lightly, "Go ahead and change. I'll guard the door for you," Charlie winked and leaned on the wall.