Chapter 8

Marcus

I sipped on my scotch as I watched Netflix. After the meeting with Taisa I decided I would actually see where things went with us. I was willing to put my past behind me and start fresh with someone knew.

She was a tough cookie to handle but I didn't mind working up the sweat with her. She was a delightful girl and sex with her was amazing.

As the movie finished I refilled my drink to the top. Tomorrow was Friday and I didn't plan on going to work. The best part about working for yourself was the decision to take personal days off without any problems.

I rested my head back on the couch as the drink burned the back of my throat. I started dosing off when the doorbell buzzed once. I raised my head feeling a little dizzy, it rang again and I got up.

I wasn't expecting anyone and it felt weird opening my door at such a late time without any notice.

I peeked in the peephole and there wasn't anyone in site. I shrugged it off and started walking upstairs when it rang again.

Now I was definitely skeptical whether or not I wanted to open the door. I checked for the bat by the door then swung the door open.

I didn't know whether the liquor was fucking with my head or not but the last person I wanted to see stood in my doorway.

"What the fuck are you doing here!" I hissed and pulled her inside.

"Hello Marcus" Lilian stumbled giving me a fake smile.

"I thought I payed you off to never come around again--"

She touched my arm, silencing my yelling in the process.

"You are fucking impossible to get rid of. You know that?"

"Well the 1 mil didn't last too long. I took care of some business and now that your daughter is born I hardly have enough to scratch my ass." By now she was sitting on my couch with her feet placed comfortably on the coffee table.

"That's more than enough for you. What did you have to do that was so important!? It's not like you were broke before! Remember you worked for me Lilian? Don't try to make it seem like you could fool me."

She rolled her eyes and laughed. "Well I guess the court will just have to make you pay for what you did to me." She shook her head and pushed her hair into a ponytail. "You are making this way harder than it needs to be."

"Lilian why the fuck are you doing this to me huh? We settled on an agreement, you can't just show up at my doorstep expecting more!"

"Well speak to my lawyers." She smiled once more before retrieving to the door.

"You fucking little bitch." I gritted through my teeth. "Give me until the weekend and I will call you."

"Now was that so hard? I'm living my life miserably because of your stupid ass. Luckily our daughter isn't involved with this shit. I didn't ask for this Aaron." Her attitude came off strong as she pronounced the name I hated so much.

"Get out." I replied calmly not bothering to put up a fight. My eyes were low from my drink and I simply wanted to take a hot bath, maybe beat my meat a little. I had no work tomorrow and life was good. I would give her what she needed and make sure to take other precautions so moments like this wouldn't ever happen again.

I slammed the door the moment her foot touched the pavement. I had enough shit to worry about, I couldn't take on another one.

Taisa