Epilogue - part 1

(Him)

It has been almost 16 months that Anna-Lynn left and became our Queen. And today will be the first time I see her again. I met Anton few times as he accompanies his son, Duncan, every time he comes to see his cousin Kaiden. He is a fine guy... when he is not an asshole. We coud almost be friend in other circumstances.

Aiden met Anna-Lynn few times as his parents. They try to build a special relationship as they will never be a normal family. But they are happy like that which is good.

As for my family, our relationship with Alistair and Melinda is good, really good actually. Thanks to Tom and Noah, they're like butter and toast. Noah even spent 3 weeks with us this summer! Melinda gave birth to their second son Fynn and I'm The Godfather!!! He is almost ten months now.

Alistair is still the Alpha of the Tenebris Pack and he is doing a great job. It was hard at the beginning because of all Markus did to them. And I was happy when he called me for advice. We are now allies. Yeah, you heard right. The Primus pack signed an alliance for the first time of his history. Even if it was obvious as Alistair is my brother it's still a first. Dad and Mom are frequently traveling between our packs but not as much as Tom and Noah. Noah used and still uses to appear in our pack land every time he misses his cousin too much... which is happened almost once a week. Few time, he called Tom and he is the one who disappears suddenly. That drive us all crazy well all.... I mean Alistair, Melinda, Nora and I because our parents find it cute and joke about it. The good thing about that is we grew closer faster that I was hoping.

Nora and I are doing good... now at least. I finally marked her 10 months ago and she gave birth to our little princess last month. Our little Eve, short for Evangeline. The first few months after Markus death were difficult. We both had to learn how to live with our own demons, mine the life I lost and her Markus not guiding her decisions anymore. She was shocked to learn that Anna-Lynn is a Lycan and she saw her as a danger we have to destroy. We fought a lot and had hurtful words. She was disappointed that I kneel in front of her. I told her that I have to support Anna-Lynn as she was my true mate which hurt her a lot. She hurt too by saying Markus would have understand her better that I never will and I should not support his killer. With time we found our way back to what we used to be even if everything has a bittersweet taste now.

I can feel though the mate bond that she is worried about me seeing Anna-Lynn again. It's more difficult to hide anything from her bow that we marked each other. Today is my little brother's wedding. And Nora is even more worried as I'm Alistair's best man and Anna-Lynn is Melinda's braid and we have to walk together in the Alley. She didn't say anything because it's Melinda and Alistair's big day but I can feel how much it's bothering her.

Speaking of her. Here she is. She has her 8 months daughter in her arm, princess Selina. Anton and Duncan are with them and they are arguing about who will keep the princess during the ceremony. It could have be me arguing with him. Anna-Lynn looks amused by that as she laughs and shakes her head. Duncan wins and takes his little sister before they go to sit. Anna-Lynn checks her hair and dress as I walk toward her. She is so breathtaking even more that I remember.

"Hey Anna-Lynn, you look great!"

"Hey Liam. Thank you! You look good too."

"How are you? I heard you had problems with few alphas. If I can help just let me know."

"I'm great, thank you. I killed the more recalcitrant and aggressive one and the other calmed down pretty quickly." She says like it was nothing.

"Yeah that works too." I say.

"Congratulations for your daughter! She was born a months ago, no?"

"Yes 27 days exactly. She is my little angel!" I say smiling thinking about her.

My parents are happy they have 4 grand kids now! But mom already told us she wanted more and at least another grand daughter. With Alistair when we told her we couldn't choose the baby's sex, she just replied, like it was the most obvious thing to do, that we have to keep trying until we succeed.

"I'm happy you have fully recover." She tells me.

"Me too!"

I've fully recover but my wolf speaks less then before, like now where he doesn't speak at all. My wolf... The first time I shifted back was 3weeks after she left. It was magical to finally be in my wolf skin again. I missed it so much. It was good also to be as strong as I used to be.

"Al is so stressed waiting alone. This is so funny!" Anna-Lynn says.

"As if I will not show up." Melinda says in our back.

"Wow! Melinda, you're just... Wow. My brother is very lucky." I tell her.

"I told you, you would be perfect in that dress!" Anna-Lynn adds with a bright smile.

"Wow! Melinda, you're a breathtaking. Alistair will not be able to take his eyes off you." Dad says.

Melinda asks him if he could walk her as her father died when she was young. He was proud and happy to do it.

"If he doesn't have a heart attack seeing her." Anna-Lynn jokes.

"Let's start!" Melinda says eager to join her mate.

Just before we start to work before Melinda and Dad. Anna-Lynn says:

"By the way, Collin and Ainhoa are here. He misses you so you should take the time to speak with him."

"It has been a while since last time I saw him. He is really happy with his mate and it's nice to see it."

He went back only one time since he left. The things are better with Connor even if they are not as they used to be.

"I know they are so perfect together. You knew called Ainhoa mom before she started to call Collin dad. He was so jealous! That was super funny. I think it's one of the most perfect matches I crossed."

I didn't know that! Well I'm not surprised she fell in love with Harper in one regard. It was difficult at the beginning between them and Connor and Piper but at the end if they are rebuilding their relationship it's also because of her. She pushed him to forgive and move on. I have never see him so happy even with Piper he was not like that.

"Do you know Beta Thanos is expected his first child?" I ask her.

"Really!!! Constantinos didn't tell me anything last time we spoke on the phone!"

"Paul slip the beans as he was super happy to become a big brother."

"He came back? I was not sure as his mother is there now." She tells me.

"Yeah, I thought the same but he went to meet his friends for the last new year's eve and he met his mate here. She doesn't want to move in Greek, at least not yet. So he moved back."

"Wow. A lot of things happened since I left!"

"I know. Thank you for coming saved me and push me to question myself and becoming a better Alpha."

"Don't thank me. And I think it's more the Moon Goddess visit that pushed you to question yourself."

The music starts stopping our discussion. As we start to walk in the ally, I can feel so burns holes in my head... Anton! Come on I don't even touch her. We are just walking next to each other. And this, her walking by my side, was what it should have been if I hadn't been stupid and blind by my pride. I see Anna-Lynn rolling her eyes.

"I know he is a caveman, just ignore him."

"Doesn't he know that I have no chance, like at all."

"Oh he knows, he is just over possessive. At least this time he didn't end up to not speaking to me." She mutters.

"Nora doesn't like it neither if it helps you. Our chosen mates don't like the idea of us passing time together."

"He is my true mate, but I see what you mean."