{Part Thirty}

Staring in the mirror I couldn't help but marvel at myself. I couldn't believe that this same girl now is the same one from a year ago; let alone two weeks ago when I was suffering form my own breakdown. This girl glowed and looked brand new. The dress first made the tiniest of keyholes between her breast, two separate straps combined wrapping around her neck, leaving her the top half of her back out. The solid color of her dress was a lightish, darkish, pinkish, reddish color, but the straps and cinched waist was a pretty pink. The rest of the dess flowed down to her legs, stopping at her ankles. Her four inch heels matched the color of her dress, and the only thing missing was her hair and jewelry. Still, she had thirty minutes before she had to leave so there was time.

I don't know who this girl was, or where she came from, but she was here and I loved her.

I sat on my bed, taking deep breathe. I was so nervous for tonight because it was Prom Night. After tonight, I have two weeks left before I'm a High School Graduate with a Diploma, graduating as Salutatorian. I never saw myself here before. Never at all.

The last two weeks weren't easy, but I got through them. After finding out my Mom was murdered by my Dad and he was now in a mental institute, I was crushed beyond belief. I thought my entire world had shattered even more than before. I never like my parents too much, thinking they gave me up because I was a hassle they didn't need, and I hated them for it in a way. But now...I don't know what to think about them. My Mom is dead, and my Dad is severally ill in the head. I went from hating them to having no opinion of them in a matter of five minutes. I couldn't read anymore of the papers after that, deciding I'd rather not know anything else about them. I don't know when I'll be ready to see the full documents, but I know it won't be anytime soon.

"Ready to undo your hair?" Nicole asked, coming in my room armed with a comb and brush.

"Yea-" I was cut off by the doorbell. "I'll get it, probably Kimbrea and Jessica."

I got off the bed, surprised a the minor struggle with it, and left the room. Going down the stairs I walked past Rick in the living room watching some Football Game. I think it was the Bears and Atlanta....maybe, I don't know.

"You are so-" I stopped mid-sentence to see it wasn't Jessica or even Kimbrea. It was an older lady with my eyes and graying hair. I instantly remembered her as my Grandmother. "What are you doing here?"

Her eyes widened as if she didn't expect me to know her. "You know who I am?"

"You're my Mother's Mom, the one who let me go into the foster system, right?"

"Milly-"

"Do not, call me that." I interrupted that. "My name is Autumn."

"Autumn, you have to let me explain to you what really happened..."

"I don't really care what really happened. I care about why my own blood sent me to be in the foster system instead of with them, and eighteen years later decides to show up for the first time- but I have a Prom to be ready for in forty-five minutes so I don't have time for a sob story."

"What is wrong with you?"

My hands dropped form the door as my fists clenched. I had to breathe to calm myself down, because punching an old lady would get us nowhere.

"What's wrong with me? I just found out two weeks so that my Mother was murdered by my Father, who is now in a Mental Asylum. I have to get checked by a therapist to make sure I didn't inherit any of his crazy genes. I have the police on my tail for something I didn't do-" That was a lie. The police found skin samples form under London's fingers and fingerprints and none of them matched mine, so I was free. "And in my life I've been to three Girls Homes were I was jumped and cut and almost bleached. I went to five foster homes, one in which I was abused and the other I was molested. I went thorough too much crap in eighteen years, and I refuse to go through anything else because lost relatives want to be found."

"I had no idea-"

"That's because you never bothered to check on your only granddaughter, and now she doesn't want to be bothered with you. So while this chat has been lovely, my boyfriend will be here soon and I need to be ready. Good bye."

I closed the door with no other words. Behind me stood Nicole and Rick, but they didn't say anything. Rick went back to the couch and Nicole followed me back to my room where I finished the last steps to be ready.

All the while I couldn't get her visit out of my head, and thoughts of my Mom swarmed my head. I had been successful the last two weeks not thinking about anything in that document, or my Mom, or my Dad, and just trying to leave my past behind me. But that one visit threw me off my equilibrium. Now I just wondered how was my Mom as a child. Was she a nice person? Did I get my mean streak

form her or my Dad-and that one made me shiver every time it came to mind.

My last wish is to be anything like him. I can't fathom the thoughts that make you kill your own child's Mother. It makes me think is he really Insane, or was that plea just ti cut some time off of his years?

Brushing the thoughts away because they made me dizzy, I focused on the feel of the comb as Nicole took my scarf off. Brushing the hair down it fell pin straight down my back with little curls at the ends. My hair went straight to the middle of my back. Standing up, Nicole helped me put on my jewelry. Anthony's promise rings were still on my finger, as was the charm bracelet Nicole and Rick got me weeks ago. In my ear were dangling diamond earring and on my neck a diamond necklace I told Nicole and Rick I didn't want them to buy- but they did anyway.

"You look beautiful." Nicole complimented me as she leaned on my shoulder.

"Thank you." I just wish my Mom were here to see it, but it's okay, because I do have a Mom here. "I'm so nervous."

"About Prom? You know you have a shoe in for Queen." Oh , yeah, I forgot I was nominated for that.

"About everything. I never thought I would go to Prom, nonetheless Graduate. I just didn't see it in me. And college...it all just seems too good to be true."

"We saw it in you all along. You just needed to see it for yourself."

My stomach felt like it would burst at any second, and my head felt really light as the doorbell rung. A few seconds later I heard Rick calling me down.

"Ready?" Nicole asked.

"As ever." I responded, taking her arm in mine as we exited my room.

I bypassed the feeling that the room was spinning, knowing it as only because I was nervous. I had to slow my steps though, because it was throwing off my balance.

I thought about the parents I found in Nicole and Rick and the friends in Kimbrea and Jessica. I thought about the best friend and boyfriend I found in Xavier. I thought about graduating College and going to High School; things I never thought I would do before. I thought about actually having a future.

Then I thought about my Mom being dead at the hands of my Father and never seeing this day. I thought of my Grandma abandoning me and being abused and aped and beaten at Foster Homes. I thought of the police finding something to piece me to the case with London. I though about London, who was still in a coma and expected to miss Prom and Graduation. I thought about the Doctors

diagnosing her as healing and expected to be awake by the end of the Summer. I thought about her waking up and telling the police it was all me and then I being right back where I was a year ago with no one. Again.

And then all I felt were the stairs against my skin as a warm liquid oozed down my legs and people called my name.

~~~

Picture of dress on the side!

Beautiful cover made by @loveugirl, hit her up if you're in need of one!

Merry Christmas, Loves! There is ONE CHAPTER LEFT! That chapter will be released December 31st, on Christmas. On Tuesday, December 30, I have some NEW works for you!Please check those out when the time comes! Love you all, and enjoy your holidays !