{Part Two}

I woke up to a house filled with noise to accompany my migraine. Grabbing my head, I had brief accounts of last night but most of them were too blurry to really give me a clear conclusion. The closest I got was drinking, kissing, and maybe something in between? I don't know.

Getting out of bed I grabbed my orange towel form the bed post and some clothes to change into. I went across the hall to the bathroom and turned on the water, immediately stepping in. I was met with semi-cold water and groaned in frustration. This water never gets as warm as it need to. Shouldn't she hire someone to fix this?

I washed up, dried off, lotion up, and put on my outfit of today. It was a seventy degree day so I wore a long sleeve red crop to with a medium wash denim jacket and denim boyfriend shorts. I folded the sleeves of the jacket up to my elbows and kept the button open, revealing my golden belly ring Xavier paid for a few months go. I'm leaving here, so I might as well quit hiding it, not that I was intentionally doing that anyway. It took all of twenty minutes to curls the ends of my hair, and I applied styling gel to it to hold it in place.

A knock on the door brought me form the mirror for a few seconds. Deciding I didn't really care who it was, and that I hadn't pt on my make-up yet, I ignored it.I carefully leaned over the sink, keeping my hand steady to trace the black ling over and under my eye with eye liner. After that, I opened them as wide as possible to apply mascara, and afterwards applied a baby pink lipstick to my lips. Approving of my appearance, and getting annoyed by the continuous knocking on the door. 

As soon as I opened the door David flew in it. He was a five year old who came here about six months ago. "God, watch where you're going!"

He didn't acknowledge my presence as he slammed the door in my face and did his business. I rolled my eyes and walked down stairs and around the corner. I pulled the chair out but was stopped by Mrs.Everdeen's voice.

"Don't even bother eating."  She said, not even glancing in my direction. She continued to flip pancakes in a skillet. "Your social worker should be here any second. Go get your stuff."

I scoffed. "Whatever." I aggressively tossed the chair back into its position. "I couldn't wait to leave here anyway."

And it was true.All she did was complain and lecture. Plus there were six other foster kids in here aging two, six, eight, ten, fifteen, and sixteen. This place was always too crowded and hectic.

I entered my room and grabbed my oversized brown bag from the closet. I stuffed all of my clothes in it, not caring whether they were neat or not. I stuffed my one extra pair of shoes in there also, along with my drawing on the while. Its amazing how in the seven months I've been here I've accumulated not one thing. Doesn't she get money for watching me? Where did that go?

I arrived downstairs to see my social worker, Yvette , was already there. She stood in a straight posture, and I noticed her hairstyle was different form the last time I saw her two months ago. It was no longer draping down her back, but instead in a nice bob. It also wasn't hazelnut anymore, but ebony black.

"Can I leave now?" I asked, not wanting to stand in this house any longer than I already had to.

"One second." Yvette snapped to me. Her tone then went back polite as she spoke to Mrs.Everdeen. "Are you sure she can't stay?"

"No. I've given her time after time after time. I understand her situation, but its time for her to stop using that as an excuse." I bit my tongue as hard as I could to prevent the swear words that were being conjured in my head from coming out. "I'd hate to see another child get lost in the system, but I can't do it anymore."

Too lat I'm already too far gone...

~

I threw my bag on the side of the room and plummeted on the bed. Yvette followed close behind me. "What is your issue, Autumn? That was a good home and you just had to go and mess things up!"

"I didn't want to be in that house!" I shouted back at her, not caring if it was rude or disrespectful. "I didn't like her or her husband or those other little brats!"

"They did nothing too you! Why do you make everything so difficult?"

I sat up in the little twin sized bed and wrapped my arms around my legs that were brought up to my chest. I felt my breathing beginning to get out of order. My throat seemed to tighten and I coughed harshly. "I need my inhaler."

Sighing, she handed it to me from inside the pouch of my book bag. I took two puffs, and threw it back on my side.

"You have to talk to me, Autumn." She sat on the bed next to me. "There has to be a reason you continue to do this."

"I don't know." I muttered. "I just...blacked out. We were talking and laughing, but then she said something...and I was being pulled form her. I really don't remember."  She rubbed my shoulders and I stiffened a little, but allowed her nonetheless.

"You have to talk about this stuff,okay?" She asked me, looking deep in my eyes. "It's not good to hold this stuff in. Alright?"

"What happened to my parents?" I asked her. "Where are they?"

" Autumn--"

"Stop calling me that." I snarled. "It's Milly,okay? Milly."

She laughed. "When we first got you, that's what you told us what your name was. It wasn't until weeks later you told us your full name."

"Why didn't you just look at my hospital records?"

She didn't respond, and instead rubbed by cheeks and stood up. "Good news, you were leaving that home soon anyway. There's a family looking to adopt you tomorrow."

"I don't wanna go."

"You can't stay here forever, Milly. You have to leave eventually. There's nothing else for you here."

"And what is there for me out there!?"

"Whatever you want it to be." 

"Why won't anyone tell me about my parents?"

"You're not ready for the truth."

"How do you know what I'm ready for? I'm asking, aren't I?"

She closed the door. It felt like I was being closed out. There was a part of my life that I didn't even know. It was frustrating. The same people who claimed to want my best in mind, are keeping my life away from me.

Before I knew it, I was throwing stuff around the room and screaming. All of my anger, all of my confusion, was now piled on the floor in my room. I opened my second pouch and took out the razor before sitting in a corner of my room away form the door. Diagonal cuts lined the skin on my arm. I continued to cut and cut and cut, and when there wasn't enough room I cut on top of the cuts and continued to cut. All the while I asked myself one question : Why didn't they love me?

~

Photo of Social Worker Yvette on the side----->>>

Pretty uneventful, but important all the same. MAKE SURE THE COMMENT AND VOTE!

So here's the deal, I have another story titled "Lightweight" and its bogus ,in my opinion, that it only has 16 votes and barely one hundred reads and this story is already getting up there. Realize this: This is NOT my only story, therefore this story will NOT be updated that much with another in the equation. You CAN stilll read Lightweight too. That's all.

Any rudeness will be ignored and you will be blocked. That is all.