{Part Seven}

"We're back!"  Nicole yelled as she entered the house. I immediately followed behind her and was met with the aroma of chicken and pasta. Rick came from behind the creme colored wall in a blue apron, stirring a pot of what seemed to be an Alfredo sauce.

"Have fun?" He asked. I pushed my bags up my arm in order to free my hands and move my freshly highlighted hair from in front of my face. Before I could even fix my mouth to say anything, he continued, "Take your bags to your room. Dinner should be ready soon."

Without hesitation, I walked up the steps to my room. Opening the door, I walked in before closing it with my foot and dropping my four bags on the floor. I made it up in my mind to unpack them tomorrow, after finding a place for them to fit.

I've been here four months exactly today. I  would be lying to say I've hated it, but I would also be lying to say I still have the same hostilty towards them as I did first being here. They're both like little movie parents. They leave out around seven every morning, the same time I leave for school, and get home around seven, except if they have paperwork or late meetings, and then its ten. Its a shock she off early enough on a Thursday to go out. But Nicole cooks, and we eat together. We sit at the table, and exchange stories of our days. On weekends, we're rarely home. Malls, Restaurants, Museums, Aquariums, if we can do it-its done.

I started at Moxy High two weeks after my move. It was a small college prep school thirty minutes away by car. They bought me a small white Camaro the day before I started since the school bus didn't come from our direction, and they go the opposite way. My first weeks were spent observing everything and everyone, but after a month I became comfortable with a few people, and I even joined the dance team- T.D.O.C(The Definition of Creativity)- after much prodding from Nicole.

I checked my phone, only to frown at the picture. I'm still use to seeing a picture of Xavier and me, even if it has been three months since the last time I saw it, and four since I talked to him. The space hasn't been on purpose, on my behalf at least. I dropped my phone in a puddle of water, and lost all of my contacts, which I never had memorized. I would of stopped by is house, but I can't bring myself to. What if he moved on and he opened the door, and another girl is there? I wouldn't be able to bear it.

~

I closed my locker just as the bell rung, signaling we had seven minutes before first period began. My class was three doors down, so before going  in I stopped at the water fountain. It was the only one I would use, because the others tasted...stale. I can't really describe it.

Entering the class, I sat at my usual spot in the back desk at the end of the table. Kimbrea was on my left side, and Jessica in front of me. Jessica was rapidly typing on her phone and Kimbrea lied on her arms facing the window.

" Hey." She muttered, and I knew it was only because of manners she even spoke.

"What's wrong with you?" She shook her head,turning it the other way. I knew there was no was in persuading her stubborn self to tell me, so I left it alone. I wouldn't of had time to anyway, because Jessica swiveled in the chair to face us. Why at there swivel chairs in an art room?

"Its Friday, and my cousin is throwing a party tonight. In or out?"

"Ou-"

"Before you opt out, I need you, Milly!" She whined, placing her hands on the tabletop. "This guy is coming, and I just heard he's single, and this can be my only chance!"

"How do I need to be there for that?"

"Moral support?" She questioned.

I rolled my eyes, but the truth was I'd been dying to get out. There was only so much more I could take of being in a house. "Okay." She squealed, and I held up my hand to silence it. "Text me the information."