{Part Eight} COMPLETE

This is just both parts of chapter eight put together. Read if you want, but you don't have too.

Kimbrea and I walked into my house with sore legs and torsos. Majorette practice lasted an hour longer than expected, and all those jumps and splits and kicks made walking feel like jumping in a bed of nails. We walked in my room and she threw her bag on my bed. It wasn't her first time here, maybe her third, so she was comfortable enough here. Looking around my room, the recently purple walls were covered in charcoal drawings and letters from the old orphanage. I would of never guessd they missed me like they did. But of course, those lasted probably a month or two and stopped cold. Just like Yvette's visits.

"You want to shower first?" I asked her, checking the time on my phone. It was already ten and the party started at nine. At least we would be fashionably late.

"Sure." She grabbed her bag from the floor and entered the bathroom through the door.

I went to my closet and began to throw things on my bed. I would wear pink skinny jeans, a blue flowing tank-top with 'L♥VE" in black and black sneaker-wedges with rhinestones on the back. As Kimbrea showered, I gelled my half to one side so it was curled. I took out a pair of gold heart earrings, and by then Kimbrea had came out. I washed up with Passionfruit scented body wash and allowed the steam to seep in my pores. Walking out of the room, I saw Kimbrea dressed in a blue crop top and white ripped jeans with black boots on. Oddly, it worked for her framework.

"Ready to go?" I asked her, responding to a text from Nicole asking around what time I would be back.

"Well aren't you happy to go now?"

I didn't even respond to her, instead smiling in her direction. My excitement for this was sky rocketing, because this would be my first party in four months. That's a long time for me, considering I use to party every other day. And I knew it wouldn't be dry. I don't hang with dry people.

We took my car, and I drove as Kimbrea gave me the directions. I parked across the street from the house and marveled at the scenery. It was a secluded location, at a mansion. I mean, all the houses in this town were mansion-worthy, but this one took the cake. You could hear the bass of the music and you could see the movement of people inside.

"What time?" Kimbrea asked, referring to when I planned on leaving.

I shrugged my shoulders. "When its over."

~

It didn't take long to find Jessica posted outside resembling a baby doll. We merged in, greeting whoever greeted us. It was then we saw Anything, along with the other Basketball Team and Majorettes, huddled by the couch as a V.I.P section. I giggled as we entered, seeing a girl trip on her four inch heels. I missed this.

" You actually showed up?" Jenny, captain of the dance team, joked.

"She probably can't really hang."Anthony responded, jokingly waving me off as he sipped from a cup of-what smelled like- beer.

"Did you just sip beer?" I asked, taking the cup from him. Without farther notice, I chugged the remaining half cup. After smirking at his stunned expression, turned to Jessica. "So...When is this dude coming?"

"Any minute."

"Well until then," I sat my cups on the table. "You shouldn't let him see you standing off somewhere. He needs to see you having the time of your life!"

I grabbed both of their hands, going towards the dance floor. Just as we squeezed in the middle, Work by Iggy Azalea began to play.

" I've been up all night, tryna get that rich/ I've been work work work work working on my shit..." Of seemed every girl started to pop their butts- imaginary or not- as the hook came on. I couldn't help but glance around the suddenly familiar atmosphere. It seems no matter who I'm around, or what school cred they have, a party is still the same: No one caring who saw what, because they were free.