Epilogue

Chapter 25

The fight to banish the Devil from his own home, was one that was had never been attempted this well before.
Alastor's frame may have been hunched over in exhaustion, however, his shadow told a whole other story. A being of its own, it loomed like a wicked curse over Alastor, the strong antlers of a deer protruding from the shadows head, ones that were much larger, twisted and sharper than the ones usually worn by the demon.
A form that truly mirrored the Radio Demon, and a form that only very rarely made its psychical appearance outside of its confinements of a silhouette.

With Lucifer caged deep within the inescapable pits of Hell, Alastor had no reason to stay here.
He would not return.
The foolish citizens in the far distance may have expected Lucifer to be dead, however...that wasn't exactly the case.

Encased in a cage of God's own design, Lucifer would remain. He would neither be living in this Hell nor would he be allowed the final release of death. In fact, not even somebody like Alastor could erase Lucifer entirely...he would always remain somewhere.
A fallen angel turned devil. A being created by God, that could therefore only be destroyed by God.

Perhaps Alastor's rule over Hell would be temporary, or perhaps on the throne he would remain. But for now? Alastor had to convince. There was an abundance of demons back at the party who were about to be introduced to their new ruler... and Alastor had just the entrance in mind.

Hell's most influential, powerful and notorious demons were all gathered in one place. If Alastor wanted to convince of the Devil's death, then what better place to do so other than at what remained of the party. Once they knew, the entirety of Hell knew.

***

The Radio Demon. A killer who wore the blood of his victims with a stylish smile.

The ballroom at the Magne Manor fell silent, prompted by the ring of static followed by all the lights flickering out.
Just as Lucifer had done earlier, Alastor made sure to do it better. Today would be remembered.

His thin frame stood in waiting at the top of the grand staircase, dangerous eyes glowing in the darkness.
Upon his return to this mansion, Alastor had made sure to gather just three items. And those three items would be all he needed to convince.

A tall white and red top hat, snake design and all, sat comfortably upon Alastor's head as he took the first step down the grand stairs.
The previously white jacket, now bloodstained down its entire left side, adorned his shoulders.
And the cane. The apple. The Radio Demons hands gripped that cane all too eagerly, the little flame that had previously sat upon the apple on the cane had been extinguished since its last owner fell, however as Alastor made his way down that staircase, the flame slowly flickered to life again- but this time the fire was an eerie green.

This was all he needed; all that was needed to convince Hell itself, in all of its burning misery.

***

Not even minutes after the Radio Demons performance had concluded at the party, the news channels took great joy in spreading what was known to be true.
It was phenomenally breathtaking chaos that not even Alastor could have predicted. Entertainment like that didn't come about often. And the Radio Demon, as he did, ate it all up with a grin.

It took a while to get himself out of the manor, given the many demons that annoyingly bombarded him with questions, however, they would get their answers in due time...or not.
Eventually, Alastor slunk into the shadows, his eyes opening to the familiar surroundings of his home. Congratulations were in order, no doubt. Angel had played his absolutely vital part so well and Alastor, truly, wanted to thank him.