A Gross-ers Apples

Chapter 12

Luckily for them, Alastor knew somewhere they could go.
"There is a grocery near here. The products aren't always fresh, mind you, however I am acquainted with the dear who owns it."
Alastor decided to let Angel know, summoning his microphone once more and swiftly pointing it in the direction he meant.

Angel gave a small nod, noticing the displeasure the mere mention of apples brought Alastor. How weird.
"Something wrong with 'em?" He began, quickly realising he should make himself more clear. "Apples, I mean."
Angel was obviously not aware of anything to do with literally anyone he probably should have. And well, he would argue that it wasn't entirely his fault.

Once Alastor pointed in the direction they'd be going, Angel started walking, keeping his eyes on Alastor to make sure he was going to come along as well.

Alastor looked over at Angel with a sort of 'are you serious?' expression, simply rolling his eyes as he started walking behind Angel for a moment before catching up to walk beside him.
"My dear, you have clearly been living under rock during your time here."
Come to think of it, was there even a demon who didn't know of Lucifer's association and obsession in design, with apples? Apparently yes. Because Alastor was talking to one right now.
"Worry not. Let us just press on."

Angel puffed his chest out and straightened his back, furrowing his brows.
"Well excuse me for not having any fuckin' freedom to learn about shit since I got here. 'The rock' you're referring to is named Anthony Grimaldi- oh and Valentino. Thanks for the reminder of how sad and pathetic my fuckin' afterlife has been so far, ya goddamn Rudolf reindeer lookin' asshole!"
He huffed, getting a little worked up as he let Alastor take the lead while he crossed both sets of his arms over his torso in irritation.
Angel however managed to keep a strong posture and a bit of a pissed expression etched into his features. He didn't regret a single word that left his mouth.

Alastor stayed silent as he let Angel have his outburst, the Radio Demon listening, but not paying it very much mind as he carried on walking, swinging his microphone a bit.
"Okay!"
He laughed in response once it seemed that Angel had finished.
Alastor had to admit, he wasn't too familiar with this 'Rudolf guy', but judging by Angel's tone and the profanities that came with it, he could only assume it was an insult of some sort. How lovely.

"I'd say we're almost there, if I remember correctly, then the store is just up ahead!"

Throwing good posture out the window, Angel slumped forward slightly, keeping his arms crossed as he let his gaze fall to the ground and to the side slightly. He didn't bother saying anything back seeing as there wasn't anything relevant he could say. Only slightly defeated, Angel made sure to say a pace or two just behind Alastor and to his left.

He was starting to hate how condescending Alastor was. But at the same time, he was also a bit grateful. Why you ask? If that had been Valentino who he'd just snapped at, he would have definitely had his ass handed to him twice over already.
This freedom was kind of nice though. Angel would be lying if he said his tongue didn't now have tremendous scars from the amount of literal biting he had to do to keep himself from blurting the wrong things out.

Alastor found himself humming a dull tune as he walked, eyes looking around the streets they passed and walked through.
Angel was waking a bit behind him and from his peripheral vision, Alastor could just about see that the spider looked a little defeated, slumped over with his arms crossed.

Soon enough, Alastor stopped quickly in his tracks, turning to face a building to the left of them. The windows were awfully dirty and the store sign that could just be made out was flashing slightly, half the words lighting up every few flickers.
"Here we are! If you need apples for a pig such as yours, then this place will surely do them! After you, my dear."
Alastor grinned, eyebrow raised as he opened up the stiff door for Angel.