Awkward Dreams

Chapter 21

When they first arrived on Earth, Angel didn't feel his body changing, but this time as they returned, he could feel everything. It was almost painful and felt incredibly odd. The way he felt his body contort and stretch to its eight foot height and slender form, sensing his extra sets of arms growing from his torso again.

His grip on Alastor's hand tightened a bit as he squeezed his eyes shut, not wanting to see anything until they were back in Alastor's room, assuming that's where they would end up.

If you could have seen it, it was truly something out of a horror movie. They way they transformed back into their demon forms was both slightly painful and terrifying, as was expected. It wasn't so bad that Alastor cried out in pain, but the discomfort was definitely there as he felt his already slender human form, stretch even more, his deer like antlers sprouting and growing through the top of his head of now vivid colored hair in comparison to the brown it was before.

The air stood still as they left the portal and stood in Alastor's room. Everything dead silent. No more waves, no more gentle breeze, nothing.

Angel blinked his once again mismatched eyes open and looked around to make sure they were back where they'd started. He went to look up at Alastor but he was once again shorter by a mere two inches, causing him to look down a bit. Still holding the pendant in one of his other hands now, Angel slowly let go of Alastors hand.
"I'll meet you downstairs. We have more planning to get done."
He stated, quickly leaving Alastor's room as his boots clacked against the wooden flooring as if nothing had just happened.

Silence was a virtue in Alastor's opinion, and as his eyes opened to the familiarity of his room, that prospect took hold. Silence truly was golden.

It was back to business.

"I shall meet you downstairs shortly."
Alastor added as he watched Angel leave the room. His floorboards where the portal had been made were a little scorched, but nothing too major. Besides, everything was worth it now that Alastor had the page of the book. It couldn't have gone better.

Angel quickly went to his bedroom to get Fat Nuggets and then went downstairs to do the dishes he'd left before they went on their trip. The trip that was to now only to remain as a memory of a dream he'd had. He would pretend as though Alastor had no part in it, and if the subject were to ever arise, Angel promised himself he would look at Alastor as if he was crazy to even mention such a thing.

He sat the pig on the floor by feet, and as usual, the animal plopped it's body on its owners feet. Angel rolled his eyes with a small smirk and started washing the dishes.
It took him a moment to get used to having the extra arms again, retracting the third set as he always had, letting the second set rest on his hips as he started to hum.

Alastor made sure to put the books away neatly and carefully, placing the one spell book away in a place that he would remember for when he needed it in a couple of days.
Glancing around his room once more, Alastor swiftly exited and began to make his way downstairs.

Angel was in the kitchen, and as was his pig. Alastor had to admit, it was a little disappointing the pig hadn't died in the time that they were away, but he supposed they were only gone for a couple of hours at most.

Angel heard Alastor coming down the stairs just as he was finishing with the dishes. He proceeded to move over to the fridge to grab something for his pet to munch on while he and Alastor had their discussion about the final plan as well as a glass of water for himself and Alastor.
He sat down at the dining room table, putting Nuggets on the floor and the two glasses on the table.

Taking a seat at the table where he usually did, Alastor thanked Angel for the water as he took a few sips.
"So, three days."
Alastor nodded, keeping eye contact with the spider, occasionally glancing down at the pig on the floor.
"I have everything I need for this to go swiftly, so now I just suppose it's only a matter of waiting. I trust you're prepared too?"