Part 9

Y/n's POV
Over the past few weeks, I've continued to tutor Jungkook but it's not been as annoying as I expected it to be, it's more confusing. Jungkook has barely said a word to me since I first went to his house but his gaze has always felt so harsh, it burns through me. I've wanted to talk to him about how smart he truthfully is but his colder than normal attitude has stopped me.

I can't continue to tutor him if he doesn't need it, which I actually think is true. All of our lessons have consisted of him getting most of the questions I ask him at the end of it correct and they were even harder than the first ones I gave him! I have to talk to him about it. But I don't really know how to.

Ever since his parents saw me, they always want to talk to me when I come to their home to tutor Jungkook. He must have told them about my schedule but I can't talk to him with them around. For some reason, I don't wish for his parents to know about any of this. At least not until I know the truth.

I was sat with my friends at our normal place in the dinner hall when I noticed Jungkook with the other boys. I found myself staring at him as I thought of how and when to ask him about his studies. I decided to just catch him before the school day ended. I was so lost in thought that I didn't notice Jungkook was now looking directly back at me.

My friends were gazing back and forth from me to Jungkook's locked eyes from both sides of the hall. I quickly averted my gaze to my lap as I felt my face heat up. Luckily, before they could question me, Jungkook got up and walked out of the room, giving me the opportunity to talk to him alone. I quickly gave my friends an excuse and chased after him out of the hall.

"Jungkook wait." I called him as he walked round a corner. He's probably going to ignore me. I rushed after him only to hit Jungkook's chest, which felt like a wall. I stumbled back but his hand stopped me from falling as it wrapped around my back. I stared wide eyed as he towered over me, his face was unreadable.

"You need to stop this clumsy behavior." He mumbled as our faces were quite close. I frowned at him. I expected him to laugh at me but his face showed no trace of humour at all. His eyes were dark once again.
"Shut up." I snapped at him, embarrassed. His gaze darkened.

"That's not nice." He smirked as his grip under my back loosened. I gasped and wrapped my arms tight around his neck, stopping myself from falling on the floor. Jungkook chuckled at me.
"Why should I be nice to you?" I asked him as he pulled me up so I stood by myself.

"Umm, maybe because you-" I raised an eyebrow as he cut himself off and looked at something behind me. Before I could turn to look myself, he roughly shoved me into a nearby closet. My back immediately hit the wall as the closet was tiny and Jungkook squeezed infront of me, slamming the door shut.

"H-hey! What do you think you're do-" I tried to complain about his sudden actions but he covered my mouth, shushing me.
"Don't say a word or I'll kiss you." He growled. I stayed silent, refusing to let this situation end with him doing that to me. After a few seconds, he let go of me and peeked through the small window in the door.

Once he sighed in relief, I decided it was safe to speak.
"Can I ask what that was all about?" I crossed my arms, waiting for an explanation.
"I just saw a girl I'd rather not have see me any time soon." He grumbled. I thought for a second who the girl was.

"You mean the girl you... you know at your house the other week?" I asked him. It makes sense that he'd want to avoid her, being the playboy that he is, he does those things with no commitment intended.
"No, not her... but I'm avoiding her for a similar reason." He grinned at me, aware that I hate him for being like this with girls.
"Of course(!)" I rolled my eyes.