Wait-But I love Stanford

Ever since freshman year, I've always wanted to go to Stanford. When senior year  came I was getting ready to apply I choked. I got it in my head that I wouldn't be good enough, it's too expensive, and it's a pipe dream—you know? I stopped believing I could amount to anything and settled for other schools. So now I've finishing my application since it's due today. This is the poem to my roommate, because I need to be extra as hell. They don't want no basic as letter. It's Stanford I have to be in creative mode, and that's why I'm doing this in Wattpad. 

...

Salutations Roomie,

Today is you're lucky day because we've both been accepted into Stanford and you're getting a super awkward roommate—wait, have you not been wishing for an awkward roommate? Well, let me tell you: I'm not normal. Normal people would write you a letter, but I want to write you a poem.

Girl or boy

whoever you are

you're in for a treat

Because we're destined to go far 

I love the beat

From Beatles to Beach Boys

to Beyoncé to Bach

I put stock in their lyrics

because I dance really bizzare.

What's my favorite thing to do?

Yes, I love Scooby-doo

But nothing would be better

than watching anything with you. 

I love Sherlock and Twizzles

and dancing to TSwizzle

Netflix and chill

is better than pills.

I'd love something scary

like American Horror Story

But nothing it better 

than watching Carrie

 —Bradshaw! 

I wasn't talking about that homecoming queen.

who gave good scream

I was talking about the writer 

Hailed from New York City

She's a queen and a star from Sex and The City

I hope you love the ryhmes 

and don't think I'm a bore

I hope to see you at Stanford

Class of 2024

I wonder if Stanford thinks I want to be a rapper or something because this has a great beat.

Anyone just submitted my app!!! I hope I get accepted!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is my original roommate letter that it so dumb compared to my poem.

We'll listen to my cuddly cactus playlist which has the best slow songs and gives a soft vibe to any atmosphere, because irony. (You get it?).

We'll light some candles, too. My best friend bought me a LASER. I use it to light my candles. Everyone is in 2020, while we're in 2048. (Stanford, I promise not to set the dorm on fire with my LaSeR.)

We'll stay up late, watch the Office, Sex and the City, or Scooby-Doo: Where are you . That was my favorite show growing up and it will make you a REAL intellectual.

We can also sit back and read some books; I prefer Wattpad; who wants to pay $13.95 for a New York Bestseller, when you can hear from other awkward teens like myself. Nudgingly, please read my Dylan Matthews fanfic; it combines death and romance.

Lastly, we can leave the Christmas lights up— ALL YEAR. That's a Taylor Swift reference from her song: Lover. Please prepare yourself to hear all of Taylor Swift's greatest hits, because I'm a daydream dressed like a nightmare. That's another Tswizzle reference.

So, that's me in a nutshell roomie, "Are you ready for it." (Swift).

Your weird roomie,

ShAnTy :)