Chapter Fifteen

Hey guys, sorry this is up late but I figured since I was home today I would just write it today instead of trying to write at like 11 o'clock at night haha. Thank you so much for all the votes, comments, reads, and adds for this story! And also for all the reads on Rules Were Made to be Broken as well! Anyway, I hope you all enjoy this chapter! It's hard to believe that we are at chater fifteen already!

You've got the words to change a nation but you're biting your tongue

You've spent a lifetime stuck in silence afraid you'll say something wrong

If no one ever hears it how are we gonna learn your song?

        -    Emeli Sande Read all about it

Chapter Fifteen

            “Hey, wake up.”

I could feel hands against my shoulders, shaking me lightly. I groaned and squeezed my eyes shut tighter.

            “Go away.” I mumbled, turning my face away from the source of my disruption.

I stretched out my hands, intending to yank the covers of my bed over my head but they came up empty. Instead, my fingers scraped against a hard surface that left grime beneath my fingernails.

My eyes shot open.

He was leaning over me, a half smile playing on his lips. His hair fell over his face and the spiky strands obscured the icy blue of his eyes.

For a moment I was disoriented and confused. Then everything came back to me in a flood of memory. The poison, him attacking me and my too close for comfort brush with death.

My breath left my body in an audible gasp and I skittered away from him.

Crack.

The horrible sound of my head hitting the solid wall behind me. Instantly, tears sprung to my eyes, an automatic response to the sharp pain that was slicing through my skull.

            “Well, that was clever.”

I narrowed my eyes at him.

            “Excuse me?”

            “Are you trying to tell me that it was a good idea to slam your head against the wall?” he replied easily.

            “No, but-“

            “Exactly. So it wasn’t clever at all.”

I exhaled angrily.

            “Well it was your fault!”

He raised an eyebrow.

            “Really, how?”

            “You gave me a fright!”