Chapter Twenty Four

Hey everyone! So this chapter is actually on time for once! Especially considering it's the first week back at school and I have literally been drowning in exams. Like, 4 out of 5 subjects have decided to schedule research internals at the same time. Why must they hurt me in this way? Ugh. Anyway, things aren't too bad, I watched the new season of game of thrones - what's available anyway - and omg it was amazing! Does anyone else watch game of thrones, or read the book series? I have only read the first two books so far but I love them. Everything is just so detailed and it's awesome how literally no characters are safe lol.

Also, thank you so much for getting Frostbite to #58 in paranormal, that is so cool to see! Anyway, I hope you guys like this chapter, and have a good week! :)

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

We follow Hulio back into the wreckage of a living room. When he sees the door, Hulio gives Rhys an exasperated look.

"Really? Did you have to break my door?" He sighed, moving forward to take a closer look. It was pretty bad, the hole stretched about thirty centimetres up and about twenty centimetres across. There were several long jagged splinters of wood sticking out. He would probably have to board it up to keep people from breaking in.

"We did try knocking but you didn't answer."

Hulio rolled his eyes.

"I didn't answer because it was you, Rhys. I was kind of hoping you would just leave. But no, I just can't get any peace, can I?" he didn't wait for an answer, standing up from his crouched position and walking back towards us.

"Right, okay, so magyck first and then you can use the door. It's kind of a really shitty ride though, so don't complain if you end up messed up at the other end."

Rhys nodded impatiently. I watched as Hulio crossed the room to enter the kitchen and returned with a strange glass cup with a lid. It was about the size of a shot glass. A vial, I realised. Then I noticed the knife in his hand. Compared to everything else I had seen in his kitchen, it was very clean, gleaming silver in the morning light. As he passed the two over to Rhys I shivered. I had definitely seen enough already to know that whatever he was about to do wasn't good.

Rhys made a small incision across the palm of his left hand, the steel blade effortlessly slicing through his skin to leave a startlingly crimson slash against the pale skin. He winced slightly and curled his hand into a fist, clenching his fingers so that blood dripped into the vial. There was a a lot more blood than I had expected, and it quickly splattered the glass with tiny red droplets.

There didn't seem to be very much blood in the vial when he stopped though, only about two or three centimetres of the vial was filled. How this equated to magyck, I had no idea, but it was already obvious to me that in this world, blood was powerful.

Rhys handed the vial back to Hulio who grinned as he held it up to the light.

"Excellent." He muttered, placing it on the bench.

"Just don't go selling it to any of my brother's people, alright? If he comes looking for me, I was never here and neither was she."

"Sure, whatever. Let's go, you've stayed too long already. People talk, you know."