After The Benefits End - Part 43

“Liv....” Dan says softly to me

“Huh? Yea...”

“Come on baby...the times up...we need to know.”

I took a deep breath and stood up from my bed as Dan took hold of my hands.

“Before we look I need to tell you this.” Dan smiles at me linking our fingers together as we stood face to face.

“I love you okay...so much. So I never want you to doubt that. Since we’ve been together it’s been the happiest time of my life. I know we’ve not had the most stable of relationships and we’ve had obstacles to overcome...more than most couple have in a life time but I find now it’s only made us stronger. So no matter what this result is....I will always be by your side. When I stood in front of you in Manchester and gave you the promise ring I meant every word and I still do. You are my world Tink...I love you so much.”

I couldn’t help but smile like a Cheshire cat as he spoke to me. It was so romantic, just confirming everything I loved about him over and over again. I unlinked our fingers wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him passionately. “I love you so much Romeo.”

His lips gently pressed against my nose before pulling away, “Let’s go see what our future holds then Tink.”

We walked into the bathroom and stared at the three pregnancy tests that I’d taken.

*Positive*

*Positive*

*Positive*

I didn’t even have time to take in that I was pregnant before I was lifted into the air and spun around by Dan.

I wrapped my arms around his neck as the biggest smile appeared on my face. Dan placed me down on the side unit and stood between my legs.

“I can’t believe we’re pregnant.” He beamed

“Me neither.” I giggled “Kinda unexpected.”

“Yea I know...but we’re good. I know we are.”

“Yea we are.” I beamed, I ran my heads through his hair before gently stroking behind his ear. 

“I love you so much.” Dan whispered, gazing into my eyes.

“I love you too Dan” I replied as he placed a delicate kiss on my forehead.

We wandered downstairs and curled up on the sofa, my head was leaning on Dan’s shoulder as he played with my fingers. We were discussing everything and anything. Our little get away tomorrow, Luke and Evie’s wedding at the weekend, Christmas, New Year and getting our own place.

“You hungry ?” I ask Dan looking up at him.

“Yea, what you fancy?”

“I duno, I’ll go see what we’ve got in.”

“Na, I’ll go look. You stay here.” Dan smiled standing up

“No offence , but I don’t trust your cooking. I can do it.” I laugh getting up

“But...”

“Dan I’m only pregnant, I can still cook” I reply winking at him and wandering into the kitchen. I decided to make us Shepherd’s Pie, we’d not had it in a while.

“Dan can you peel the spuds please?”

“Sure.”

We busied round each other in the kitchen as we prepared dinner. I was stood stirring the mince in the pan when I felt two arms wrap around my waist and a head fall on my shoulder.