Best Friends With Benefits - Part 23

*Dan POV*

I took in a deep breath before unzipping the ‘door’. I walked though, closing it behind me, then pulling down the blackout sheet. 

Even though it was dark in here, I could see her lay in the corner. Her sleeping bag pulled up close to her head and silent sobs escaping her eyes. 

I pulled my sleeping matt and bag, plus my pillow right next to her. She didnt move. I got in my sleeping bag next to her as she continued to cry. It was killing me not being able to comfort her.

I debated on just leaving her, it really didnt seem like she wanted to speak to me. But screw it, friends with benefits or not, she was my best friend and I loved her.

I turned around in my sleeping bag so that I was facing her back. I wrapped my arm around her pulling her gently towards me. For a second she resisted but I tugged harder and she turned over. I pulled her close to me, her head resting on my chest, her arm finding its way around me, keeping her close.

I pressed my lips against her forehead as I ran my fingers though her beautiful hair. “I’m sorry for everything ” I whisper to her

“I told you that I would lose you if this stupid friends with benefits happened” she mumbled, still crying.

“ you could never lose me, I told you that the day we decided to do this. I am not going anywhere, even when we argue. And about what Luke said before...”

“Just leave it Dan” she replied, cutting me off and turning round.

“Hey...” I say pulling back to me. “He was wrong and I shouldn’t have said anything to him.”

She sighed and sat up looking at me. She pulled her knees up close to her chest, wrapping her arms around them. Her beautiful head resting gently upon her arms as her long wavy blonde hair hung down her tear stained face. 

“Why did you walk off anyway?” she whispered

“You know I don’t want us to finish so when I heard you announce it to Eve’s before...it hurt”

“Why? We’re just fooling around Dan, friends with the benefits of a relationship but without the relationship”

I sighed, how am I meant to tell her that I’ve fallen for her and its now much more than just friends with benefits for me. “I duno, we’ve become closer lately and well if im honest the sex is amazing” I let out a slight laugh and I hear her giggle.

“See you do agree with me” I say nudging her.

“I know we’re closer than before and I agree that the sex is great...”

“cough...amazing...cough” I interrupt her

“Okay...amazing” she laughs “But why did you call me a slag to Luke”

“I didn’t. I just said to him that this girl I really like, that I cheated on Amy with, has ended what we had and I didn’t want it to. He called the ‘girl’ a slag and I let him, I’m sorry I didnt correct him. But I never thought he was going to blurt it out to you and Evie”

“Yea well he did,”

“I’m sorry” I say pulling her into me. Wrapping my arms around her. “You know I don’t think you’re a slag Tink.”

“Do I?”

“Well I hope so, you are my bestest friend in the whole entire world. You know everything about me and vice versa. You know I would never think that of you, I couldn’t”

She didnt reply, she just began drawing circles on my top with her finger. 

“Do you believe me?” I whisper to her