The Past

Soo Jin POV

I sat looking out the window but I could feel someone's eyes on me the entire time. I finally turned my head to see Jungkook. He gave me a small smile before looking away. I felt my cheeks heat up and quickly hid my face.

"We're here.", Daehyun said.

I hopped out and took in the large abandoned building. I walked towards the door and pulled the handle but of course it wouldn't budge. Namjoon and Hoseok pulled me back before kicking the door in.

"Thanks.", I said before walking in.

"Ok we should split up.", Daehyun said. "But with a different hybrid to see if there's anything they need to advance on."

"Soo Jin you take Namjoon, Eunmi gets Jungkook, Lanta gets V, Chaelin with Jin, YeonGi and Bomi with Suga, and X with Hoseok.", he told us and we nodded.

I walked down the hall with Namjoon beside me taking notice to all the doors' torn hinges. I felt a tap on my shoulder and looked at Namjoon.

"Jungkook isn't weird.", he said.

"I never said he was.", I replied.

"But your thinking it. He's just been through a lot is all.", he told me.

"Like what?", I asked curiously.

"Him and Jimin were forced to watch their sister get raped and killed. Then they were turned. The murderers didn't realize they had lycan blood flowing through their veins.", he said sadly.

I stopped and looked at him in disbelief. He nodded and we continued walking.

"Traumatic experience.", I mumbled.

"He hasn't been the same since. He was so young to witness something like that. And Jimin. Well Jimin's is the way that he is because of the incident.", He continued before I went silent. I didn't know what to say to this.

"After that Jungkook went mute. Jimin has always spoken for him, looked out for him, took care of him. Suga found him and Jimin in the woods sitting by the river. They've been with us since.", he told me.

We heard a crash and I pulled my pistol out before we ran towards the noise. Turning the corner, I saw Eunmi outnumbered by lycans while Jungkook was being strangled. Namjoon went for Eunmi and I shot the lycan over Jungkook in the back. He snapped his head in my direction before stalking towards me.

"Come on.", I whispered as it charged at me.

It tackled me to the ground before slashing the side of my face with it's claws. I stabbed it in the shoulder before flipping us over and snapping its neck. I ran to Jungkook's side and placed a hand on his arm without thinking. He looked at me before averting his gaze.

"Let me help you.", I said before helping him up.

He just looked at me as if I grew two heads while I helped him out the door, forgetting about the fresh cut forming on my cheek.

"Eunmi, you okay? Are you hurt?", I questioned and she shook her head.

"No I'm okay. They came out of nowhere. Took us by surprise.", She told me and I nodded.

"Let's get you guys some place safe in the mean time. Look over any wounds."

I helped Jungkook as we walked to a quiet room. Namjoon had Eunmi on his back so I closed the door after them. Jungkook sat on a table looking at the ground while I pulled out the med kit from my backpack. He had a few scratches on his face so I cleaned them and placed small bandages over the bleeding cuts.

"All done. Thankfully it wasn't that many.", I said closing the box.

He grabbed my wrist before pushing my hair behind my ear. He examined the scratch on my face before pulling a bandage out and placing it over the wound just like I had done.

"Its no problem.", I whispered and he gave a small smile.

"Guys!", I heard Chaelin's voice from outside.

"We're in here.", I replied and they all came through the door.

"What happened? We heard....", X started.

"Just a few lycans. Nothing huge.", I said.

"Your face.", Daehyun frowned and I nodded.

"I'm alright. Jungkook, Namjoon, and Eunmi are ok as well.", I told them.

"Good.", Chaelin sighed in relief before Bomi went over to Eunmi checking her over.

"I take it Jungkook is taking good care of you.", I heard Daehyun say in my head.

"Before we heard you there was some noises down the hall.", Taehyung said.

"Lycans?", I questioned.

"Yes. But Yong Guk wants us all back at the mansion.", YeonGi told me.

"We can't leave. There could be dozens of them.", I argued.

"He says it's important.", X shrugged.

"But what if they're planning something. This could be our chance to stop them."

"Soo Jin. We won't engage. If they are planning something, we don't know how many are actually here. Considering the small scuffle in the hallway, they won't be too happy that we're here.", Daehyun spoke and I lowered my gaze.

"Fine.", I sighed before we all walked outside.

I put the lock back on the door before going back to the truck and staring out the window.

"I will come back. Finish what I started."

I could feel Daehyun's eyes on me as we road back to the mansion. Ready to hear the big news from Yong Guk.