Epilogue

"Stand up, Yugi." Atem said. "A champion does not belong on his knees."

The Ceremonial Duel was over. Atem lost to someone he never believed he would have to face; Yugi. Through the last four years they had spent together, Yugi and Atem formed an incredible brotherly bond that seemed to transcend time itself. Atem knew they would never truly be apart. The gift of kindness from Yugi and the gift of courage from Atem would forever bind them together. Yugi hated to see his best friend go but he knew Atem would finally be at rest. The Pharaoh approached the door holding the Eye of Wadjet: "I am the son of Aknamkanon. My name is Atem."

The Eye responded and the door opened. Yugi and his friends bid their tearful farewell as Atem walked forward towards the bright light. He held up his right hand giving them a thumbs up. As he disappeared through the light, Atem had arrived at his palace dressed in his royal garb.

"Atem!" Shouted a female voice as she jumped onto Atem's back from behind. "You're finally here!"

The young Pharaoh smiled.

"Mana!" He looked about him.

Everyone he had left behind was here, including his mother. Aknamkanon approached him.

"Welcome home, my son." Aknamkanon said warmly. "You found your way back to us. As I knew you would."

Atem felt himself coming on the verge of tears. There was so much he wanted to tell his father. He knew he had all of eternity to talk to him. Aknamkanon walked with his son through the halls of their palace enjoying each other's company until Atem spotted the garden below them while they were on the balcony. A thought struck him. Atem quickly bolted from his father's side and headed toward his mother's garden. He arrived at the lily pond and found a young woman standing on the other side in a splendid long white flowing silk dress. She smiled.

"It happened again." She asked. "You lost on purpose, didn't you?"

Tears began to stream down Atem's cheeks. He felt his heart would burst with joy. The Pharaoh pulled the young woman into his arms and claimed her soft lips once again. His heart was finally at peace. He was with her and nothing could tear them apart. 

"Safiya!"