Chapter 21

The day of the tournament arrived. Yugi and his friends stepped off the bus and stared up at the large building in front of them. Joey and Tristan were both stoked they were given the star treatment thanks to Yugi's international fame of world champion.

"I'm King of the World, baby!!" Joey shouted as he plopped onto the soft white cushioned bed of Yugi's deluxe suite. "Ah! Soft comfy bed, a tripped out lush pad with a flat screen tv, high speed internet and a state-of-the-art kitchen! Man, it pays to be the royal!"

"You are seriously terrible, Joey." Téa said folding her arms across her chest. "We're supposed to be here to support Yugi, not take advantage of him."

"Awe, come on Téa!" Tristan began as he pulled some drinks out of the refrigerator. "Let's take the time to enjoy ourselves. Besides, when was the last time we had a chance to enjoy ourselves? I call dibs on the cola!"

"Haven't you noticed that anytime we have a chance to relax, we end up on some whacky adventure or trouble?" Téa asked with a sigh. "I just hope this time we actually have a chance to enjoy ourselves without having to worry about anything."

"I'm sure everything will be fine." Yugi replied as he sat himself on the sofa. "For now, let's just relax."

Joey, Tristian and Duke dived into the rest of the refrigerator.

"Great!" Joey cried. "I call dibs on the chocolate cake!"

"No way, man!" Tristan shouted as he reached over and grabbed the plate of the lone slice of chocolate cake. "I had my eye on that slice since I opened the fridge. It's mine!"

"As Yugi's one number one pal, runner-up in Duelist Kingdom and Finalist in Battle City, I believe I have the rights to that cake." Joey replied easily taking the desert from Tristan's hand.

Duke was not about to have it and quickly yanked the desert from Joey's hand.

"I believe I have the rights to the cake as I am the owner of one of the largest and popular games in the world of Duel Monsters." Duke said as he flipped his hair and proceeded to take a bit of the cake until Tristan snatched it from his hands.

"Over my dead body!" Tristian shouted.

All three of them fought of the chocolate slice until the plate flew from their hands and landed perfectly in Serenity's hand. All three of the boys looked in her direction, shocked.

"WHAT?!" They all shouted. "SERENITY!!!"

Téa, Bakura, Serenity and Yugi all burst into a contagious laughter. Yugi looked around the room to observe his friends. He had been fortunate to have made such a last connection with these wonderful individuals. Never in his life did he imagine that he would gain friends or attention from around the world for his passion and expertise for gaming. Yugi looked down at his Puzzle then to his right to see Atem deep in thought. He could tell Atem was still thinking about Safiya.

"Let's see what's on the big screen." Joey said plopping on the seat after snatching the remote from the coffee table.

The plasma screen turned on after displaying the hotel logo. Joey clicked the remote, flipping through the channels until a woman's voice caught his ear.

"It has been officially confirmed!" The news woman said. "What was thought to be a rumor has been put to rest by the man himself. Multi-millionaire Seto Kaiba is getting married to famed pop-superstar and daughter of Duel Monsters creator Maximillion Pegasus, Karina Cecelia Pegasus."