Chapter 4: The Unexpected

"Well, if it isn't King Boo, the man I truly adore.~" "Cut the crap, Helen. Let Luigi and his friends go, now!" Helen laughed evilly. "Oh, can't you see I'm doing all of this for you?" "Yeah, for me to be broken!"

Luigi felt King Boo's feelings right after he said that. Broken. He didn't want him to feel that way. He couldn't do much. All he could do was repeat "Remember Love" over and over in his mind.

King Boo flashes Helen with the flashlight, and stunned her. He started to suck her into the 5000. He waited for full power, then presses the button to suck her in harder. She broke free, unfortunate.

"You think you could get rid of me that easily?! Think again!" Helen then snapped her fingers and King Boo was sent to be in a jar, trapped. "Sorry, darling, but you left me no choice. And now they all have to die! Starting with that annoying scientist!" She left the room.

King Boo lowered down to the ground, crying. "It's okay, King Boo. Someone will come for us. Someone has to," Luigi told him in his mind. "I know, Green Flower... I know... It's just... I'm scared... Of loosing you..." King Boo cried harder. He then felt like someone was hugging him. But it wasn't just a someone. It was Luigi, his green flower.

"It's okay to be scared, King Boo. I'm scared, too, actually," Luigi told him. He felt King Boo hugging him back, crying. Even though they both were trapped and apart, the green flower crown kept them together, with the power of love.

-------------
-------------
-------------

Meanwhile, Polterpup beat Helen back to the lab. "E Gadd! Toad! Helen is coming! She's gonna kill you!" He warned in his bark. "What?! Then we need to leave!" "But what about King Boo, Luigi, and the others? We can't just leave them! Got another Poltergeist?" Toad asked E Gadd.

"I just remembered something." Polterpup and Toad were confused. "My Boo caller! This will call all of the Boos that are nearby!" E Gadd blow into it, calling some Boos. They heard the call and followed it.

"Hey!- E Gadd?!" "Of course it leads to the lab of doom!" The Boos were going crazy. "ENOUGH! NOW BE STILL AND LISTEN UP!" Polterpup ordered. Toad and E Gadd were completely shocked. They've never seen a dog that orders anyone around. All of the Boos stopped and listened to him.

"Thank you. Now there's a reason why we called you. King Boo's crown has been stolen by Helen Gravely. A ghost that's coming to kill us all! She trapped King Boo in a jar, with no hope to escape. And if you care about your King, then I suggest for all of you to listen to us! Got it?"

The Boos nodded. "Good. To order to free King Boo, we will need the crown back. And to order to get it back, we will need to capture and destroy Helen. We don't have much time. So I need for all of you to work as a team. Got it?"

They nodded again. "Good. Now to capture Helen..." E Gadd stepped it. "I do have another Poltergeist, but this one kills ghosts. I accidentally got it mixed up with the 5000 one time. It wasn't a pretty sight." Polterpup looked at him. "What's it called?" "KILL. That's the name. Poltergeist KILL."

Some Boos shivered in fear. Others were shocked. "Well, can you use it?" Polterpup asked E Gadd. He shook his head no. "I'm too old for ghost capturing."

Polterpup sighed. "Well? Who's gonna use it, then?" E Gadd remembered something else and got an idea. "You are, Polterpup." "What? How? I'm a ghost dog!" E Gadd laughed. "Just you wait!"

He grabbed something from a case. "This is a potion that'll turn any ghost animal into a ghost human! And it lasts for 24 hours!" Polterpup smiled. "That's perfect! How do I use it though?" "I'll put a drop in your mouth. One will do the job," E Gadd explained. "Okay. Let's-a do it!"