Chapter 3: Green Flowers

King Boo decided it would be a good idea to take a break for a bit. "Luigi?" "Yes, King Boo?" "Would you like to get something to eat?" He wasn't sure if Luigi was hungry... Or when the last time he ate. "Sure, King Boo." Luigi smiled. Polterpup joined with them.

They were at the cafe area. "What would you like to eat, Luigi?" King Boo asked him. Luigi thought for a moment, trying to figure out what he would like. Something caught his eyes. Cookies that are shaped as flowers, with green frosting on it, to make it look like green flowers, like his flower crown.

"How about the green flower cookies?" Luigi asked. King Boo smiled. "Sure, Luigi. Anything for you." King Boo grabbed a few cookies for Luigi. "What would you like to drink?" "Is there hot chocolate?" Luigi asked. "There is." "I'd like some, please." "Alright, Luigi." He got some hot chocolate for Luigi.

Luigi sat down in a chair, and King Boo placed the hot chocolate down on the table, and the cookies on a napkin. "You're not gonna get anything, King Boo?" Luigi asked him. "Boos and ghosts don't need to eat or drink anything," he explained to Luigi. "Oh... Okay..."

King Boo noticed Luigi looked a little sad after he said that. He decided to try to cheer him up. He started to feed Luigi the cookies. This left Luigi with a confusion. "I appreciate your help, King Boo... But..." Luigi started. He didn't want to be rude... Or sound rude with a question that he had. "What is it, Luigi? Is everything okay?" King Boo felt like he did something wrong.

"I don't wanna sound rude or anything... But..." Luigi sighed. "Why are you feeding me...?" He finally asked. King Boo gave him a soft smile and gently rubbed his cheek. "Because you seemed upset after what I've told you. I wanted to make you happy," he answered.

Luigi's face lit up. He felt butterflies in his stomach for some reason. He was blushing deep this time. He smiled and said, "Thanks you, King Boo." He hugged him, feeling warm and happy inside. King Boo hugged him back. "You're welcome, my old pal..."

--------------
--------------
--------------

Meanwhile, with Helen, she was watching them through the cameras, without noticing at all. She saw how King Boo was acting towards Luigi. This angered her. King Boo was supposed to be her's and only her's.

She ordered the ghosts to capture Luigi in a painting and take the G-00 away from King Boo. The ghosts nodded and went to follow her orders. If King Boo wanted Luigi back, he'd have to fight her.

--------------
--------------
--------------

"Be careful. It might be still hot." Luigi nodded and took a little sip of his hot chocolate. It was actually nicely warm. "How is it? Not too hot, is it?" King Boo asked him. "It's delicious and warm," Luigi replied, as he took another sip. King Boo smiled and petted his hair gently.

Luigi was halfway done with his hot chocolate as he set it down for a bit. He felt like he had to do something and have to happen at this moment. King Boo felt the same feeling as Luigi. He floated closer to Luigi slowly, as Luigi was leading closer to King Boo slowly. They both slowly closed their eyes, as their lips were about to touch each other's.

But they both were interrupted as an huge army of ghost barged in, ruining the perfect moment. Some of the grabbed Luigi and the other grabbed King Boo, taking the G-00 and all of the other devices of E Gadd's away from them. They were struggling to be set free. King Boo was forced to watch Luigi to be trapped into a painting. "LUIGI!! NO!!!" King Boo shouted. He felt his heart breaking into thousands, if not, then millions of pieces. (Fanfiction logic, okay?!)

They took Luigi away from King Boo. The last thing Luigi was King Boo screaming, "LUIGI!! NO!!!" Even though he was trapped, he could still feel his heart breaking. King Boo knew what he had to do, but he felt alone. All of the ghosts flew away, letting King Boo go.

Polterpup popped up, in front of King Boo. "What happened? Where's Luigi?" He asked in his barks. "An huge army of ghosts came outta nowhere and grabbed both of us. They put Luigi into a painting, and they took all of the devices," King Boo explained, scared.

"Follow me," Polterpup barked. King Boo followed Luigi's ghost dog. He led him to a pile of green flowers. "There's something special about these flowers that Luigi loves, but he doesn't know it." "What is it, Polterpup?" "They have the power to save true love from danger. It only works when two lovers have the green flower crown on, like the one you made for Luigi," he explained.

King Boo understood. He knew what he had to do now. He started to make himself a green flower crown, like he did for Luigi.

--------------
--------------
--------------

Meanwhile, the ghosts returned to Helen with Luigi in a painting and E Gadd's devices. "Great job. You actually didn't messed up this time," Helen told them. She made it where Luigi could hear everything what she was saying while he was in the painting.

"Greetings, Luigi. You may not remember me, but I am Helen Gravely, the owner of this hotel that your in. I gave you an invitation that you accepted to come here with your friends. I even trapped them into paintings, like the one you're in!"

Luigi knew. He was actually regaining alot of his memories, about him and Mario, his past with King Boo, the invite, all of it. But now with him in a painting, he felt like he was loosing them again. He didn't want to though, but he was.

"This painting, however, is different. You won't remember anything by the time King Boo comes here and tries to save you." Helen laughed evilly, then made it where Luigi could here nothing.

Luigi, on the other hand, he knew his feelings won't be forgotten. That was something Helen couldn't take away from him. "Remember Love," He kept repeating in his mind.

--------------
--------------
--------------

"It looks beautiful, King Boo," Polterpup barked. "Thank you, Polterpup." King Boo smiled as he place his green flower crown on his own head. He could suddenly feel what Luigi was feeling. He could also hear Luigi's thoughts, "Remember Love."

He decided to try to communicate with him. "Luigi. Can you hear me? It's me, King Boo!" Luigi heard King Boo's voice in his mind. "King Boo! There's something I need to tell about this painting! It's erasing my memories, permanently!" King Boo was feeling broken and sad after he heard that. Luigi felt King Boo's feelings.

"King Boo, listen, please. I don't know how much time I have left, so I'll say what I've been wanting to tell you for a long time. I love you!" King Boo felt Luigi's feelings towards him. It made him felt warm and love inside. Luigi felt it. "I love you, too, my Green Flower." That nickname was special to Luigi. Even though they were apart, far from each other, love was keeping them close.

Polterpup noticed that King Boo was shedding a lot of tears. He seemed worried for both of him and Luigi. "We need to hurry and find Luigi," King Boo said, as he was getting off of the flowers. Polterpup barked, "We still need the G-00!" "Then we need to go back to the lab."

They both flew through the floors to the lab. It was way lot quicker than using the elevator. "E Gadd!" They both said at the same time. "I saw what happened. I knew this might happen. It's outdated from 2013, but it'll work for now." E Gadd handed King Boo the 5000. "The controls are the same, but with no Gooigi, plumbing tool, or even the explosion," he explained. "Got it. Thank you." "One more thing. This is also outdated, but the connection still works." He handed King Boo the DS. "Okay, good luck, King Boo and Polterpup." "Thank you, E Gadd." King Boo and Polterpup went out to find where Luigi is.

"Luigi, can you see your location?" He asked him in Luigi's mind. "Umm somewhat. A really huge security office with a bunch of TV's showing everything of the hotel," Luigi told him. King Boo knew where that was. "Okay, Luigi. I'm coming, Green Flower," he told Luigi.

King Boo felt love and sadness coming from Luigi. He knew he needed him. He had to save him. He couldn't bare for Luigi to be trapped, or even harmed, anymore...