38.

It had been two days.

It felt like more.

"Ugh, what the hell?" I groaned as I opened my eyes to the dark light, feeling an intense weight on me. "Take it easy. You're not as small as you were a few days ago," I heard the voice of the demon physician and I watched him point to my stomach, seeing big and round.

"What the fuck!? Why is my stomach so huge?" I screeched in alarm and he tried to placate me by touching my arm. "You must remember you are carrying a product of Sir Alistair. He is very strong and his genes defy the rules that you are accustomed to. It takes nine months for humans, here, it could take as little as three weeks to two months," He shrugged and I stared at him as if he was stupid. Everything just seemed to be Maddox's fault.

The physician carried on, not concerned about the feelings of anger that I was currently displaying in the form of eye rolling.

"Because you are producing such a strong heir, you'll need to infuse more DNA so that he can finish growing. The child is growing at a faster rate than expected and if he isn't fully developed before you get any bigger and gain more weight," He fixed me with a stern glare, pushing his glasses up. "You will die."

I blinked at him continuously, trying to find the brain cells necessary to comprehend. "Are you telling me that I need to have sex with Maddox before this child grows any bigger?" The physician chuckled with a nod. "I wouldn't put it in that terminology, but yes, every two to three days."

My eyes bugged out of my head and I fought the urge to guffaw. "You're funny. What makes you think I want to have sex with him? I can barely stand to hear anything about that fool!" I spat coldly, folding my arms as much as I could. The physician pouted as if he could understand my pain. I didn't even want to hear him say anything about him, so I just changed the subject.

"Wait, so I'm having a boy?"

The doctor nodded with a small smile, putting my hand on my stomach for me. "He's almost fully grown, that little boy of yours. Soon, you'll have a mini-you running around," He grinned, handing a bunch of pictures to me and I furrowed my brows, wondering what this was. "These are pictures from your ultrasound," I blinked several times, remembering that I had seen something like this on television some point long ago. The only difference was this one was a lot more different and I could fully see the characteristics of my child, the way that he was laying, and parts of his features.

"Oh," I breathed, flipping through the black pictures, marveling at the sight. "As you can see, this giant munchkin is your son," He pointed to the giant white mass in the middle of the picture, two horns protruding from what seemed to be his head. "He's so big already," I whimpered with joy filling my heart as I took in the sight of the full-term fetus, his hair swimming around his scalp as he curled in on himself. I could see the little smile on his face as his eyes remained closed. I couldn't stop the bashful grin that morphed my face as I stared at the beautiful creation. He wasn't even here yet and I was already in love with him.

"Since you've gotten back, you have asleep for two days following that incident," He referenced to Tion's brutal murder and I internally grinned. "I'm not sure if you remember, but you had fallen asleep in the presence of Nya, the former first division commander, and she brought you here so that you could heal," He pushed his glasses up, those green eyes boring into my soul.

"It was good that she brought you when she did because you were running on fumes. You depleted all of your energy in the war, so you might be feeling a little sluggish and worn out right now," He touched my forehead, humming to himself. 

"I suggest that you stay in here for the rest of the day. My assistant will bring you a few meals with some medicine and vitamins to take so that you can heal quickly for your baby," I nodded, rubbing my swollen stomach. I still couldn't believe that this was even happening. "How long do I have?" I murmured and the man clicked his teeth. "About two weeks to a month. I am unsure," I narrowed my eyes, totally bewildered by the timing of this.