23

Nightmare after nightmare I felt more and more troubled. It had been a week since that conversation with Jungkook. Nightmares ranging from  horrors of the night of that killing to flashes of Hoseok dying in various ways. Most of my time was spent in bed except for the cases of Jungkook helping me to the bathroom to throw up or pee.

Taehyung has been leaving every day for whatever the fuck he does. While Jungkook has been holding back my hair, soothing me down from sobbing fits in his arms, and making sure I'm hydrated. While it was strange to be coddled by Jungkook of all people, a killer and kidnapper, I was eternally grateful. Without him I might not have survived all this shit.

Today was no different than any other. Taehyung leaving my side from my bed, plopping a kiss on my head, and gone for the day. I would be completely alone if not for Jungkooks warm company. There was a familiar knock at the door.

"Come in." I weakly called out from the bed. Jungkook came in holding a tray containing a bowl and a glass of water. This was unusual as he usually brought a chair in to sit on guard in the morning instead. 

" Sit up please." He said. He set the tray on the nightstand and helped arrange pillows behind me so I could stay sitting up. 

"What's this about?" I asked pointing to the tray.

"You need to eat that's what. You haven't eaten anything in 3 days Yuna. I know it's hard to keep food down right now but we need you to try. Please." Jungkook said firmly. He placed the tray in my lap. The bowl contained a porridge. "The fruit will digest quickly which should give you energy, the nuts are healthy fats, and there's cinnamon because we don't like bland food." He chuckled. His hand landed on the top of your head comfortingly. "Eat good!." He chirped.

A moment later I was happily eating every bite of the delicious porridge

A moment later I was happily eating every bite of the delicious porridge. It settled the nausea in my stomach. The water went down right after and suddenly I was feeling a little better.

"You fucking wizard." I chuckled pushing the tray towards him. He was seated at the end of the bed making sure I ate my meal. "How did you know this would work?" I asked looking to him.

"Keep this private. But when Taehyung made his first kill when he was 13 he was roughly in the same state as you. This was the only thing that worked to get him out of bed." Jungkook said. "Of course he passed that quickly and now it's easier for him." He finished. Jungkook must have known him for such a long time.

"Your secret, or well Taehyungs secret, is safe with me." I said. His eyes were sparkling and he smiled big. 

"Thank goodness. Do you want a book or anything?" He asked kindly.

"Of course."

~

~

Jungkooks porridge continued to be the only thing I could keep down for the next three days. I felt my energy coming back . I felt calm for once.

"Taehyung." I muttered into his chest. Birds were chirping from outside and the light shining in from the window made his soft skin look extra tan. It was golden hours.

"Yes my love?" He asked reaching down to pet my hair.

"I feel good today. Do you have to go? " I asked scooting closer to him.

"Oh is that so? Lucky you, I was going to stay with you today anyway." He responded.

"Can we go down to the library and read a little today?" I asked. This was the first time I would be leaving this room in days.

"Of course"

~

Taehyung's POV:

I haven't seen her this excited in so long. The way her eyes sparkled in the sunlight of the window seat was mesmerizing. Her soft skin fucking glowed in the sun.

"Tae look!" She giggled showing me the book she was holding. It was an emerald green cookbook full of sweet baked goods. "Can we make some of these pretty please." She begged. Jungkook was on guard outside. Wherever she went he did too. 

"Of course princess." I said. I could see the moment the joy filled her eyes. It was as if she was slowly thawing my cold heart. Someone like her didn't deserve to be put through that. Those men messed up her mind and I'm finally just now getting her back.

"This way." She giggled taking my hand and ran off towards the library door. It was almost as if she knew where she was going. She took me around in a maze for awhile before she admitted that she as lost. "Two doors to the last one there." I told her. Jungkook kept a safe distance to give us enough space to be alone. But not far enough to were he couldn't protect her in an instant.

With the dumbest smile on my face I let her drag me into the kitchen. She was out of breath.

"Wow I can't remember the last time I ran." She wheezed as she hunched over.

"You didn't have to run all the way here." I chuckled walking behind her and embracing her from behind. Her body was warm and soft as I pressed myself against it.

"Trust me I needed that." She giggled turning around to face me. Her arms wrapped around my torso and she buried her little face in my chest.  Her heart beating against me was extremely fast.

"Are you ok?" I asked her after a long silence.

"Mentally or physically?" She asked looking up at me. Her eyes bore into mine.

"Both."

"Physically I'm good. Mentally I'm almost better." She mumbled. Instinctively I lifted my hand and began to pet her hair.

"Do you need anything?"

"Nothing more than this." She said softly. How long would it be until I get her back? A part of her will always be gone but when will I finally win back her true smile?