Chapter 18

Bianca 

With a heavy heart and sagging shoulders, I walked back to my dorm room after an intense workout session at the hostel gym.

Working out has always been more of therapy to me and since a lot has been going on lately, it was only normal for me to visit the gym and get my mind in check.

After the other day with Amelia leaving the school and Zayn putting up an attitude, I hadn't heard a word from him about rescheduling or getting his gold card back.

The school went on and about their lives as if nothing happened and that made me question their sanity even more. Was this the norm here or did they not just care?

My thoughts came to an abrupt stop when I noticed that the door of my dorm room was wide open. My stomach clenched in excitement. What were the odds? Amelia probably decided she was going to stand up against her sister.

"Zuri!" I yelled in confusion. The brunette turned back immediately she heard her name and a smile covered her face.

"Bianca! Welcome back roommate."

"Roommate?" I walked in and settled on my bed. "Normally you would get a notification that a new roommate was moving in right?" I pulled out my phone from my duffel bag. "And I didn't get any."

"Well let me properly introduce myself."

I scoffed with a wave of my hand. "Don't be ridiculous, we know each other."

She chuckled as she resumed arranging her stuff. My phone rang and I stared at in shock. Zayn was calling me!

"Are you not going to get that?" Zuri tried to peek at who the caller was and I covered my screen.

"When did you even get to this side of the room?"

She pouted. "Sorry, I can be quite intrusive."

"I have to get this. I'll be back!" I dashed out of the room and pressed answer as soon as I was in a quiet place.

"Took you long enough." He said in his usual calm and rude tone.

"What do you want?" My voice came out so weirdly that I bit the inside of my mouth in embarrassment. "You didn't reschedule our tutoring session."

"Calm down newbie. I aced my tests today!"

"Wow Zayn! That's good news." I smiled unknowingly.

"Yeah and I have you to thank for that! I'll see you when I come back okay?"

"Okay." I paused when my brain registered my hat he had just said. "What do you mean by when you come back?"

The line went silent and I hissed in frustration. There was no doubt that I was falling head over heels for him. Not seeing him these past few days have put my heart in a turmoil and with the way he sounded, I don't think I would be seeing him anytime soon.

I went back into the room with a disturbed mind.

"Zuri do you want to grab a cup of coffee?"

The room was empty with no sign of Zuri. A paper was lying on my desk. "I have a family emergency, I don't think I'll be around for a few days."

Wow! Everyone had something going on with their lives and I was just here, plain old Bianca.

I grabbed my duffel and made my way towards the gym for a second round of an intense workout session. I was going to work out till I didn't feel this weird burden in my heart anymore.

I bumped into Mr Trent at the entrance of the gym.

"Hi Mr Trent."

"Hello Bianca!"

"What brings you here?"

"I came here to pick my bosses." He smiled. "Oh I have to go now."

I gave a small smile to him and changed directions. Maybe a run would do more justice. The air was feeling a bit chilly and a pang of regret hit me as I thought of the sweater I had thrown on my bed because it didn't go nice with my outfit.

"Well if isn't the tutor." Zach jogged by my side and I quickened my pace. "Hold on!" He yelled but I ignored.

After what seemed like an hour, I turned around and there he was sipping on a cup of milkshake and walking behind me.

"Now I see why you got into the cheerleading team. Pretty long legs."

I looked at him from the floor and then up again. "What do you want? The last time I checked we weren't friends. So what now?"

"Sorry for the other time. I was in one of those moods. Let me properly introduce myself."

I crossed my arms over my chest and stared at him in confusion and in return He smiled—sweet, mischievous and annoying.  "Hi I'm Zach, nice to meet you Bianca." He extended his hand for an handshake earning a snort from me.

His initiative was impressive. I've been around a lot of people to know when they wanted something from me. The first time we met, he had blatantly called me a gold digger and now he thought I was stupid too because what was this sudden politeness?

"I thought I was loud and clear enough." I smirked and as expected he looked shocked that I hadn't accepted his fake gesture of making up. "What do you want?"

"Fine." He threw his hands in the air. "You got me. I want you accompany me to a dinner."

I choked on my saliva and rubbed my chest slowly as I coughed. "What? Did you hit your head against a wall or something?"

"I don't want to go with anyone I'm super close to.."

"And you thought I'd agree to this because?"

"You're nice?"

"Are you asking me that or you're saying an already known fact."

"Whatever. I'll pick you up later."

"Wait..what?! What is wrong with you guys? I'm not going anywhere with you! I barely even know you mister."

"Please." His gray eyes were filled with the sort of tenderness that would make you do anything for him.

"You're paying for my dress." I hissed, not believing myself. Why was I agreeing to do this?

"Of course. I already sent a stylist to your room." He pulled out his phone and passed it to me. "Put your number in. I'll call you when I'm ready to go."

I muttered to myself. "I can't believe I'm doing this."

"I owe you big time!"

_____________________________