Chapter 6

Song for the chapter: Sweet melody by Little mix.

Waking up the next morning proved to be so difficult for Bianca. As she blinked her eyes at the beautiful lamp holder close to her bed, She sadly wished she was still within the confines of her home. Back home where she always had breakfast with her family at the table, where she had her own bathroom and bedroom that she didn't have to share with any other person.

She stretched her body and lazily straightened up and rose slowly from the bed. As she yawned and wiped of the little traces of sleep from her eyes, the events of yesterday came rushing into her mind.

She walked to the bathroom, her heart beating with trepidation. "I hope Amelia is fine wherever she is." She prayed silently and that was when she heard heavy breathing from the other side of the room which was separated from her side with a thick black curtain.

She breathed into the palm of her hand nervously. "Is anyone there?" She asked but got silence is response. She walked to the curtain and drew it open.

"Haven't you heard of the word privacy?" The person who was most likely to be her roommate yelled at her and her widened in shock.

"Amelia?" She asked in disbelief and all she got was a grunt in reply. "Come on lay back down..I'll clean your wounds." She walked to the first aid box, grabbed a few essentials and started cleaning up Amelia's wounds.

When she was done cleaning Amelia up, she made her a cup of steaming hot coffee.

"Aren't you going to ask how I sustained these injuries?"

"I'm not going to ask because I don't know you." She retorted.

Amelia gave a dry chuckle. "Come on Bianca..you're not really going to use that against me. I admit I was a bit rude the other day but I was in a bad place."

"Suit yourself. I'm going to get ready for classes. Need anything?"

"I need you to stop acting all weird." She kissed her teeth. "And I need you to not tell anyone about this."

"Why?" Bianca asked in curiosity but she quickly covered it up with a cough. "I mean how did you get hurt."

She tried to get the right words to say to Amelia but her thoughts were clouded with a lot of things and she wasn't exactly thinking straight.

Amelia studied her carefully. "I thought you were never going to ask." She placed her cup on her lips and took a small sip of the coffee. "Next time try to act less surprised..I know you saw everything that happened yesterday. So I'll say this again, mind your business and tell no one about it."

Bianca kept mute. Frozen in her spot like she had just been caught doing something evil. Who would have thought that sharing a dorm with someone would involve a lot of drama.

"And most importantly as your dear roommate I'll advise you to never go to the top floor except you are invited." Amelia stood up carefully and walked across the room to her bathroom like she didn't feel any pain at all then she turned around slowly. "Sorry how could I forget..Welcome to the Royals Dorm Bianca."

Even though she raked her brain for the words to tell Amelia, all she could think about was why those girls had beaten her up so badly and why they did it.

She couldn't exactly understand what it was that all the people she had come across had against the top floor, but it scared her to death.

Quietly, she walked back to her side of the room which she realized had a different shade of blue unlike Amelia's side. She grabbed her uniform and put it on slowly as she shut her eyes and suppressed an angry sigh.

She walked to the door and she realized for the first time that it was on Amelia's side of the room. So that meant that even if she tried to get out of her way, they would still see each-other every morning but at least the good part was that they both had different bathrooms and closets.

Amelia came out of her closet fully dressed in her uniform and the bruises on her face were perfectly concealed with makeup.

"I look like I'm fresh out of the bakery right?" She chuckled in amusement.

"Did you do something to them? What exactly is going on with you Ameliana."

She looked at Bianca in amusement. "First of all, it's Amelia to you, not Ameliana. And about what's supposed to be my business, please let it remain my business. I don't want to drag you into my mess." She said and she walked out of the room.

Bianca stared at the door, feeling choked up with questions that she was anxious to ask. In a normal situation, she would stay out Amelia's way but all she felt at the moment was the strong urge to help Her.

"Hey it's you

"Hey it's you..the new girl." Bianca heard a voice behind her and she rolled her eyes.

Were they ever going to let her be?

A girl stood in front of her. "I really love your hair."

Bianca shrieked in surprise and swallowed the lump that formed in her throat. She looked at her with her hand on top of her beating heart.

"You scared me!"

"Oh don't act that way. I'm Camila and you are Bianca right? Yes of course you are." She giggled uncontrollably and Bianca chuckled nervously. "We can walk to class together." She offered but Bianca shook her head.

If anything, she didn't want to get into another rocky friendship with someone she barely knew.

"We're almost there. I think I'll be good on my own." Bianca quickly blurted.

Camila linked their hands together. "Do you have another friend or don't you think I'm cool enough to be your friend?"

She waited for Bianca to answer. Bianca stared at Her face, constantly blinking and her brain tried to register where she had seen a face like Camila's before.

"Earth to Bianca!"

"Uh..sorry I was thinking about something."

"That's alright. Let's go now." She dragged Bianca's arm and together they walked to their class.

_____________________________