Chapter 17

Bianca

The time was here. In the dimly lit hallway, the continuous ticking of the clock taunted me as I drew closer to the kings playroom.

Zayn suggested I came over to the playroom to tutor him and I just couldn't back down. For the first time I was going to delve into the world of the kings. I had known the playroom was located close our sports room but I never had the chance to visit it.

Exactly why was I shaking in my boots as I moved slowly up the steps leading to the door. I stood there, clenching my stomach in hopes that something would come up and the tutor session could be rescheduled or cancelled.

"Are you going in?" A voice spoke behind me, making my head to turn quickly.

I smiled nervously. He pushed past me and swiped his key card across the door knob.

With every step into the room, the quicker my heartbeat sped.

The very brunette I had been avoiding held a large, welcoming smile.

It was Zayn, and he looked as dashing as ever. He was wearing a black leather jacket over his white sleeve instead of the regular school blazer and besides the fact that black was my favourite colour, I found myself having to catch my breath. He had that smug smile on his face; the one that made my knees weak.

"Hi, newbie." That smile. "Zachary, I see you've met my tutor. Did you guys come in together?"

"It's Zach! And yes she just kept lingering aimlessly so I had to help her out. Why is she here though? I thought the library was built for this kind of purpose."

"You know I can't leave the confines of this room."

"Hi, I'm Bianca." I smiled to Zach but he just ignored me and walked away.

I gulped, my fingers clinging onto my skirt. "That was nice." I beckoned on Zayn to come over to an empty table. My eyes darted around as I studied the room.

"Zach is just a bit grumpy today." I made sure to sit down opposite him to avoid any body contact but it seemed like I had made the wrong choice because I kept staring at him at times when I shouldn't.

Halfway into our session, his phone rang. "Sorry I have to take this." He excused himself and I took the opportunity to explore the room. There were video games scattered on a table, a huge smart tv connected to an Xbox and PlayStation, snooker board, fridge, different sofas and a shelf full of snacks.

I passed the door of the adjoining room that Zayn had walked into and I guessed Zach was in there too.  Another boy, Connor who I recognised from the basketball team had his face covered in his palm. Zach's hair was a mess, a lot of it covering up his facial features and when I listened closely I could hear a lot of mumbling.

I hurried back to my seat when I realised I was witnessing a situation that weren't for my eyes.

Zayn walked to fridge and grabbed a bottle of water.

"Are you okay?" I instinctively looked in the direction of the room before gazing back at him. There was a bad feeling sinking into my stomach. When there was no answer in return, that only made my worry grow.

"Why wouldn't I be?" He said rudely.

A shiver ran down my spine.

"You shouldn't be eavesdropping or snooping around places you don't know Bianca."

I knew he was being serious since he called my name in such a tone.

He rubbed his palms on his forehead. "Look, can we just reschedule. I need to blow off some heat."