[11] "Those are the leaders of our school."

Thursday morning

"College dude? 20? Tattoos?" Nevaeh listed. "What kind of demos are those?"

"I thought they were pretty good," Teddy responded as he pulled into his parking spot. "It would be easy to find any nigga to play your boyfriend."

She hopped out of his Mercedes. "So now we're going to find some random and have him pretend to be my boyfriend?"

Teddy shut his door and met her in front of the car. He handed Nevaeh her bag. "Si."

"Si, my ass," she replied. "Why did you tell him that? You know Sammie gets obsessed with things. He wants to help me."

"So let him."

Nevaeh was getting a little frustrated with her best friend. "This is so stupid. I told you that it was a little crush! Nothing to get hyped about." She started walking away but he grabbed her hand.

"He likes you. I know my cousin and him likey you Nevaeh," he said with a wiggle of his eyebrows.

She laughed and hit Teddy in the chest playfully. "Shut up."

He snapped his fingers. "I'm serious girlfriend."

They share a laugh together. Teddy sobered up when he saw a few of his guy friends staring. He took a deep breath. "Trust me Vay. Experience life a little."

"I experience life," she mumbled. "You usually keep me away from guys, why are you pushing me towards Sammie?"

Teddy smiled a little. "I can't explain it." He stated. "You could be the one thing that sets him straight. I haven't experienced it yet but I heard that love is a powerful thing and can set a man straight. You might be the best thing for Sammie."

"It's not love Teddy."

"You don't see the way he looks at you." He grabbed Nevaeh's hand and pulled her towards the school.

:
Teddy was going to a meeting when he heard his name being called.

"Theodore!"

He stopped when his little cousin approached. "Why must you call me that?" he asked staring down at her. She was a petite little person just like her mother.

"Because it's your name. I met your future girlfriend. She's cute, a little too innocent but cute."

"You met Desiree?" he mentally groaned. "Jayda, please tell me you didn't say anything to ruin it."

She gasped. "I saved your ass. She saw you with Vay yesterday. She thought you were with Nevaeh. I explained that y'all had a weird relationship but were nothing but friends. I could've been lying though," she mused. "You and Vay could have this secret relationship like Chandler and Monica and no one could know about it."

Teddy dragged his fingers down his face. Once Jayda started talking it was hard to stop her. She loved old television shows and often referenced them. Thank God he used to watch marathons of Friends with her or he wouldn't have known what the hell she was talking about. "Jayda!"

"What?"

"Thank you for helping. Imma go find her to explain."

"Good. I like her. She may be my new best friend."

Teddy groaned. He didn't know if that was a good or bad thing. "As long as it doesn't get in the way of making her my new girlfriend, I don't care."

He took off towards the junior hall in search of Desiree.

-

Teddy searched and searched but couldn't find Desiree in the junior hall. He cursed when the late bell shrieked through the halls. This will have to wait. He didn't like being late and keeping everyone waiting. As he left the hall, he pulled his phone out and texted Jayda.