Chapter 17: Tears, Escape, and Jealousy

“What are you freaking out about now?” Blaze asked angrily, taring the curtain to my bunk open.   

   “What are you talking about?” I moaned, shielding my eyes from the bright light that suddenly came streaming in. I felt weight by my side and I looked over to see Daniel,

   “It’s me! Don’t hit!” He quickly clarified, raising his hands in defense. I instantly relaxed.

   “Daniel what are you doing in here?” Blaze asked in confusion. “Never mind, I don’t wanna know. If your asleep where’s all that crying an screaming coming from!?” He asked in angry annoyance looking at me.

   “I don’t know, you just woke me up!” I said getting a little annoyed myself, he stocked off. After he had left Daniel and I were silent which finally allowed the disturbance Blaze had been grumbling about to reach us. We could hear muffled sobs of terror which triggered another memory within me. 

   I was standing in front of Pierce Avenue’s bus. Crying hysterically and shaking with fear and pain. Victor saw me and ran to the door, when it opened I threw myself into his arms, sobbing uncontrollably. The only thing making me feel better was knowing I was with Victor and safe, he would never let anything happen to me.

  The memory ended and I knew with sudden horror just who was the source of the disturbance.

  “Its Lizz.” I mumbled quietly, “She's at the door.” Daniel gave me a strange look.

  “How do you know?” 

  “Because this is exactly what it was like the day I ran away from James and ended up at Pierce Avenue’s bus.” This explanation took him a moment to process but then he suddenly realized what I was saying and he quickly climbed over me and out of the bunk. 

   I felt a pang of jealousy that he was running to another girl but I really couldn’t be mad. We weren’t together and if that girl is in the same state I was she needs all the friends she can get right now. The crying got louder and I knew they had finally let her in. I gave them all a moment to talk and get settled before I got up. I crept up to the front and saw her sitting in the middle of the couch with all the guys crowded around her with worry etched in their faces.

   The scene was very touching, they loved her so much. I knew I would only ruin it so I went into the back and settled down on a couch. She was lucky, she had such amazing friends who loved and cared for her. I was the plague to everyone besides Victor. He was the only one who tried to help me though my mental scars James had left me. Everyone else just sent me silent pity and stay out of my way while she has guys lined up waiting to give her a shoulder to cry on. I sat on the couch with nothing to do but listen for two in a half hours before I started going crazy and needed to find something to do. I walked around the back room pacing for a few minuets. I wanted to go find Victor but I had no way to reach him and he might be one of the bands playing today. I heard a phone vibrate and I began madly tracking it down like a blood hound. I felt successful and proud at the end of five minuets when I held the black iphone, with a skull case in my hand. I pressed the button and when it lit up the front page was a picture of Daniel with a tall and slender beach blond. I glanced back out at the soap opera unfolding on the couch, it was lizz in the pic. I rolled my eyes and slid the phone to unlock it but a passcode screen came up. 

  “Damn it why does Daniel need a passcode.” I mumbled to myself. I sat back down on the couch and thought for a moment. I felt like a light bulb went off in my head and I typed in: 5499. I was shocked when it worked, I had no idea how I knew what Daniel’s password was but I didn’t care as long as it meant I had a phone to use. I went to contacts and to the P section.