Chapter 14: Swapped Up and Raw Emotions

Sorry I know its like super extremely long! D: Its like 5 pages on microsoft word. Anyways I hope everyone who is reading still enjoys it, I'd love to hear any feedback you have so please feel free to comment! :)

Daniel:

   The meeting was still going an hour later and we had barely touched on anything important. Every time Jim said,

   “Now lets talk about....” The whole room groaned. I was silently counting how many times he used the phrase for our drinking game. We had forgotten the whiskey and shot glasses today unfortunately. Getting falling down drunk by the end was really the only way to get through this. I had zoned out for most of it, watching her out of the corner of my eye. She had fell asleep on Rem’s shoulder 30 mins in and was showing no signs of waking up. Poor Rem looked like his shoulder was going out but he didn’t have the heart to wake her.

   “As you all know this year we have made many adjustments, requirements, and new rules to add to the fun for everyone. In addition to every band having to do at least one cover song, we are also making a swap.” I perked up at this because I had never hear of this before. “Today is the first of the month and we’ve decided to try human swapping. We’ll switch back on the first of next month. Each human’s name has been placed in a bag and will be pulled out by random and assigned to a new band. Humans from the red side will be going to a blue sider and humans from the blue side will be going to a red sider.” The blue side humans that were still awake gasped in horror, knowing what this meant. “We’ve already got the two bags made up, we had every human write their name down and color on the way in so will the singer of each blue band please come up here and make a line.” No one seemed particularly happy with this new arrangement. Vampires were losing friends and they were being replaced by strangers they didn’t know or trust. The red humans seemed over come with joy while the blue ones were horrified about who they might get. Jim made everyone promise to treat who ever they got nicely but we all knew this would all blow up in our faces within a week. I didn’t hurry to get in line first, in fact I was almost last. I didn’t have a human, only our drummer did and we all took care of her and loved her but I wasn’t looking forward to being a parent basically to another. Lizz was so young when we got her that we practically raised her and so we were used to her and only her. Throwing someone else into the mix now who would probably be completely different from her and taking her away wasn’t a highly liked idea between the guys.

   When it was my turn I reached my hand into the deep black bag of doom and pulled out an extremely crumpled piece of paper. I was a fan of finding the one that didn’t want to be found so I searched along the bottom hem of the bag and found the most desecrate and smallest paper. I took it back to my seat, it weighing on me like a rock and sat in the back of the group on the floor with the rest of my band. They gathered around nervously, hoping we got someone we knew. We sat in a circle and I dropped it in the middle, hoping someone would be brave enough to find out our fate but we just sat there and dumbly stared at it for a good minuet. 

   “Fine, I’ll do it!” I grumbled, snatching the paper back up and carefully unwrapping the name to unveil it.

   “Dyvia.” I said and looked around at them with a questioning glance. They all shrugged as well. No body actually knew this girl we had just gotten.

   “I’ll take good care of Lizz.” We heard from behind us and turned in horror to see James smirking. They had finally begun the red side and he was the first one up. She sat over with some friends on the bleachers and suddenly went wide-eyed when she heard this. My stomach flipped and I felt like I was looking at a dead-man walking. We stood up and she ran to us with tears in her eyes.

   “I love you guys!” She cried, holding us in a death grip. 

   “Your gona be fine.” I told her, brushing tears from her cheeks. “Your a strong girl, its only a month you wont let him get to you.” I choked on my last words knowing she might not come back to us the same as we saw her now. He toted her away and we were left standing as a lone group in the middle of the floor still. Everyone seems to have split off already but we still didn’t have anyone. Rem walked up with the angel in his arms still sleeping. I thought it odd she hadn’t woken up in all the commotion but I realized it was already 2 in the morning, humans gotta sleep.