Chapter 15: A mistake

The last one was super long and now this one is super short! lol sorry for the changing lengths. I just felt like I should update but I didn't want to type out a whole bunch right now so I took a bite out of the next chaper and made this. Enjoy!

Dyvia:

   I woke up the next morning feeling like I was run over by a train. I hated how bad tears made you feel yet you could do nothing about them. I laid there for a few moments, taking stock of the state I was in. I could feel the pressure of another person laying slightly on top of me and suddenly I was on alert. I felt broken as I remembered Cela being killed and I realized where I was. My eyes shot open and without looking back at James I screamed and kicked him which in turn pushed me away and out of the bunk where I landed on my butt hard. Still in survival instinct I ran towards the front and threw open the door to see landscape rushing past. I analyzed the situation, knowing he’d be coming for me at any moment, and I tired to judge the speed we were going at hoping I wouldn’t get hurt to bad if I jumped. 

  “What the hell are you doing!?” I heard his voice behind me and I screamed again as I felt his arms go around my waist and pull me back in. Someone else ran out and shut the door behind us. We fell to the floor as I struggled more desperately trying to get away. He climbed on top of me and pinned my arms and legs down to hold me still.

  “Dyvia stop its me!” My mind finally started catching up to my body and I realized with relief the voice didn’t belong to James. I looked up to see it was Daniel. Then I looked around to see all the guys now out of their bunks and breathing heavy from the scare. R E M had a hand on the door, looking like he could fall over from a heart attack any minuet now. I looked back into the big, worried, blue eyes looking down at me and blushed. 

  “Sorry....” I muttered.

  “Sorry? What the hell was that!?” Daniel yelled rolling off me. “I think you almost broke a couple of my ribs doing that and I’m a fucking vampire! What were you so scared of?!” I sat up but continued looked down, nervously messing with my nails. “Your not getting out of this one just because your embarrassed, if you didn’t want to answer questions you shouldn’t have done that.” He snarled, “You almost jumped out of a moving bus! You would have died!” He grabbed my chin and forced me to look at him. 

   “Next time you try to comfort her by falling asleep with her you should think twice.” R E M advised Daniel. 

  “I thought you were James.” I muttered so quiet only Daniel could hear probably.

  “What?” He said pulling back in shock. 

  “What did she say?” Demon asked

  “She thought I was James.” Daniel mumbled and walked away looking hurt. The other guys looked at me and opened their mouths a couple times to say something but didn’t. 

  “I’m gona make us some breakfast..” Blaze said awkwardly. Everyone else started to slink away as well not sure how to respond to what just happened. I crawled under the kitchen table and curled into a ball. I couldn’t believe I just did that to Daniel. I wanted to cry or slap myself for doing something so stupid but I still couldn’t comprehend why. Why didn’t I look over to see if it was him first? Why didn’t I react the way I did on that actual morning? and most of all... why is it still affecting me? My head hurt from all my thinking and confusion. I must have stayed that way for at least 20 minuets before it occurred to me what I needed to do.  

   Blaze glanced at me as I crawled back out of hiding. He was standing at the stove flipping pancakes but still he said nothing. I shyly slinked into the back looking around for Daniel, he was laid out on the couch facing away from me and staring out the window. I couldn’t see his face but I could feel how hurt he still was. He has been nothing but nice to me and I basically told him he was a monster. 

  “I’m so sorry.” I tried to say but only came out as a shaky whisper. 

  “Come here.” He said bluntly, patting the edge of the couch by his side and still not looking at me. I did as he said but couldn’t meet his eyes. I was so mortified and embarrassed about what happened but he didn’t try to meet my eyes either. His stayed staring out the window. 

  “I just wanna know why.” He said after a long moment of silence.

  “The way we were when I woke up this morning... It triggered a memory. I thought I was back in his bunk again and I felt so scared, I just...” I started babbling nervously and trailed off at the end not able to finish. I felt his eyes on me finally and he touch my arm reassuringly.

  “Why were you in his bunk?” He asked with disturbing curiosity, I could sense anger in him.

  “I cant explain it without going into detail about the whole story.” I said finally looking into his eyes, pleading with mine for him to drop the subject. 

  “I’m not going to drop the subject.” He said, the way he phrased it surprised me, it was just how I said it in my head. “I think I deserve answers and it will be so much better for your heath if you’d just open up. Facing this alone is weakening you and its such a simple fix. Just trust me.” 

   ‘Just trust me.’ Those words are words I dread hearing from anyone. I don’t want to trust anyone, I cant trust anyone! When I do they just disappoint and hurt me.... or die.

  “There is something I want you to know.” I whispered, he leaned forward in anticipation. “I don’t trust anyone.” and with that I left to get some breakfast.