Chapter 13: A Pain in The Heart

I shot awake in bed that night after having another nightmare. I dreamt of the day James bit me for the second time, only in this version my imagination filled in what happened while I was unconscious. I burst into scared tears that just kept coming and I blamed it on the fact I hadn’t allowed myself to feel for so long. Now this was all the hurt I had locked away coming to the surface through a crack in my armor. 

   I hadn’t told anyone about James and Daniel. I had kept that all to myself along with everything else I already had buried so when Victor heard me and came to my bunk to console me he was confused and couldn’t figure a reason for this to suddenly happen. I moved over and made room for him in my little cubbyhole. He laid down and wrapped his armed around me to comfort me while I curled into a ball at his side.

Daniel:

   Until James opened my eyes to who she really was to me all I could sense was how close or far away she was and now I was jolted awake that night with sympathy tears clouding my eyes because I knew she was sobbing. I could also sense when she found someone to curl up with and comfort her. I felt jealous at the thought of her curling up with and resting her head on another man’s chest. How I wish it was me who could be there to hold her, console her, and ask “what’s wrong love?” Nothing is worse then feeling such intense love and pain over  a person you don’t even know and this is exactly what James wanted. To keep me preoccupied with her pain, that he was probably causing, all well keeping her away from me so the gnawing hole of emptiness in my chest only got bigger and bigger. The only comfort I had was knowing she didn’t feel this pain as well, she was human and couldn’t feel the lonely, emptiness. Vampire’s had heightened senses and could feel pretty much everything about the person they loved wether they be human or any other supernatural creature.

   I underestimated James. He plays cruel and hard but smartly which took me by surprise. I didn’t think he was the type who could think up and conduct a diabolical plan all on his own.

   I was still wrapped up in my own thoughts as I took my seat at the assembly. Once a month on big mix tours the officials like to hold and assembly to discuss news and put to rest and problems that might be brewing between the opposing sides. We already were packed up for the day so after this we’d be ready to move on. This venue had a large event building on it’s grounds with bleachers at both ends and it proved to be a nice place to hold the meeting. The bleachers were at both ends of the building, blues on the front side, reds in the back and it was now well past the time for us to start. The blues always showed up despite the fact they hated these meetings as much as the reds but the reds always straggled in late, testing the patience of the officials.

   “We will begin in a moment, we cannot wait any longer.” Jim, the head of the tour’s officials bellowed from the podium that was stationed in the middle. His deep voice echoed through the metal building causing everyone to fall silent. He stepped back down and walked over to his group to chat for a moment and quiet murmurs popped up around the room again.

   I knew instantly when she was here, not only because the door squeaked like a bitch but I felt it in my chest and my anxiety grew. It was never fun to be so close to her yet unable to actually be with her. I moaned and buried my face in my hands, earning a worried look from my friends. I slowly massaged my temples as if that would actually help get her out of my head.

   She had come in with another crew member but when they reached the red stands they broke off and he went to sit with another band while she sat alone.

   James who had gone unnoticed, lurking next to the stands on his phone now looked up like he had a radar for her too and was already next to her before she even had time to sit. My fists clenched as I watched them talk, he better behave for his own sake or I would be across that floor in a heart beat.