The Start of a New Chapter

The wedding venue was truly incredible.

But knowing Pepper and my dad, that wasn't surprising.

The giant building was several hours from the city, and at the top of a hill surrounded by giant trees and natural flowing water. The main area was a giant glass dome with metal supports against the glass adding dimension, and fairy lights were wrapped around most of the supports. It was only about 5pm, but being the middle of winter it was already dark outside, allowing the star light to shine through the glass. That alone, was breathtaking.

The reception was taking place in the dome, so large round tables were neatly set up with off-white table cloths and glass china. In the middle of each were centerpieces, each one having fairy lights.

I wandered around the dome by myself to just admire the place. I enjoyed being alone, but every now and then people would congratulate me on my dad's wedding. Most of the people who approached me, were complete strangers and I couldn't quite understand why they were congratulating me.

I'm not the one getting married.

I wore the dress Pepper got me to match the other bridesmaids. It was a satin royal blue dress that was tighter on top, and had a flowy bottom that came to just below my knees. I also wore the diamond pendant necklace that Pepper got me when she asked me to be her bridesmaid, and I found it to be quite flattering against the dress. I actually put a little effort into my hair and curled it, then to Pepper's request I wore black heels.

4 years ago, I would not have been able to walk in heels without breaking something. But thanks to Natasha's prepping for "every scenario," I was quite good at it.

About 20 minutes ago, the other two bridesmaids tried to include me in their conversation. One of them was Pepper's friend, and the other was one of her cousins. They were quite nice, but it was clear that they didn't care much for me as a person. So when they started asking me about boys in my life, I left.

To my relief, they haven't tried talking to me again.

Even though I remained alone as I walked around the giant room, I made sure to keep an eye on the bride and groom just incase I needed one of them for whatever reason, and also to make sure I was where I needed to be at the right times. Both of them were swarmed with people wanting to talk to them, which for a wedding in general isn't surprising.

Even though I was in the room and watched as Pepper got ready, she still managed to take my breath away every time I saw her.

She looked absolutely stunning.

Her blond hair curled nicely, falling around her shoulders. The veil was in her hair, softly falling behind her. Her makeup brought out her eyes and other great features and her dress, just like her, was beautiful. It was more simple, and highlighted her curves. The dress was white with beading on the top, and she had jewelry that just pulled it all together.

I didn't realize I was staring until someone nudged me from the otherside, and I nearly fell over. Luckily though, I caught myself pretty quick and turned around to see my dad, smiling down at me.

"Hey there, miss anti-social." He teased, and I nudged him back.

He looked great in his solid black suit and white shirt. His tie was royal blue, and his boutonniere was made up of yellow flowers, green leaves, and royal blue ribbon. His beard was freshly trimmed, and his hair was nicely done.

"You weren't kidding when you said this place was amazing." I admitted, admiring the stars for the hundredth time above us through the glass.

"Of course it is, everything I do is amazing." I laughed as my dad looked over the crowd, feeling all high and mighty.